Cheap 5sp car/truck <1k

Looking for a winter car so I can garage my Mx5, would like something with cargo space, must be stick-shift, rust/crappy looking is fine, has to run well though. High miles is okay. Would prefer <500 but willing to check out anything that’s <1k. Not in a hurry, just want to find something by the time they start salting the roads. This way I have time to get funds together as well. At the moment all my cash is going back into my business.

Any truck would do, or hatchbacks and such. Must have more cargo-capacity than my Miata (lol)

I have 4x100 wheels with race tires to offer as partial trade, they are in the auto parts section somewhere.

Let me see what you’ve got!

James

I can clean up and set you up with my 1996 plymouth neon for $1000. White, will have brand new paint, 5spd, 4dr. 160k miles. brand new brakes all around last year, and brand new front tires last year. I also have to say this is the best FWD car I have ever driven in winter. NEVER got this thing stuck.

pm’d

my dads got a chevy pickup, not stick shift, 4x4 and hed prob let it go for $1000 minus the plow

LOL, how about an MX3 V6 5spd that needs a slave cylinder??? $300 hundo… lol

if you could do $1900 I have a 95 impreza 1.8 5sp. AWD w/ 168k. Car is top notch mechanically, gas tank leaks a little, its rusty, but the interior is clean and it has good tires, brakes, and a new inspection. It runs/idles/shifts perfectly, dealer maintained, needs nothing.

Hot heat and cold AC.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75051

pm’d

90 laser no rust 130k miles 5-speed needs nothing 900

You just bought that laser for $500 i thought?

PM replied

Any old school beat up subie hatches?

i have a 91 civic std
130200 miles
3 owner
barely any rust although dented in both doors/quarter panels
runs awesome
new timing belt
brand new muffler/rear exhaust section

1,000 firm

its the closest blue one, can get more pics if interested, this car is crazy reliable and gets 37-40mpg on average
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2456/3623317865_3699b56d51_o.jpg

Alpha, more photos please.

I have a 1990 bronco 4x4 5.0L 5 speed 88xxx on it,it needs pads and a starter,I’ll let it go for like 500.

will try and get more up soon and make a post about it

How’s the gas mileage?

More pics would be sweet, interested.

As long as you drive it fine its just like any other truck its not horrible but its not the greatest, but it is a beast in the snow.

I gotta post up of a 79 chevy pickup. Standard, 4x4. Give it a look see