CRX Shell

I need a crx shell in good shape. Preferably one that has had a b series in it already. An ef hatch will be considered, but a CRX is preferred.

Post up or PM me with what you have and a price.

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/1335867774.html

Just came across this a couple days ago and thought about posting it up even though it’s in cuse.

how much are you willing to spend?

Isn’t sobo parting his out? PM him.

^ Wrd. I think hes giving that thing away for like 200 bucks or something stupid cheap like that.

Its sold apparently^^^

geeze, I am having a hard time selling my 97 civic for much more than that

it must be a 5 speed as well. not looking to spend much, i mean its a bare shell thats 20 years old.

Long story short I bought a crx shell 2 yrs not knowing much as much as I should have about cars and got screwed pretty good. The entire wiring harness is f*cked and the person welded eg mounts into it…like cut eg mounts out of an eg and welded them to my engine bay. and it is going to cost way too much to fix.

and yes sobo sold his shell, for $100.

i got sobo’s shell, i took some parts off of it but you can come by and see if you would want it for real cheap before i junk it

f*ck yes i do, i was gonna pm you. pm me how much you want, and what did you take off it?

umm, well this kid i know wants the whole interior harness so idk if you still want the shell lol…the shell comes with everything except that , some interior parts and it dosent have fenders/hood/front bumper…im keeping the hood and it didnt have the front bumper if you pm me your # i can send you some pics…its pretty much the same way that sobo had it except kinda apart haha but if you were planning on painting it that could work to you advantage

i def need the interior harness. he can have the one out of my current crx if he wants. ill give it to him. and you can have the fenders and hood off of my car. the hood is brand new. and i have the whole interior of my crx already out. pm me and we will talk.

That one has been in the swap sheet for a few months and popped up on CL a few weeks back.
He was trying to sell it last year when I called on it.

all that crx needs is a COMPLETE wiring harness from the ecu up to the wall and then the second harness from the wall to the engine. I told you that a head of time. Those mounts that are shitty welded on there need to be rewelded on. You are going to spend more money on getting another shell then to just finish this one.

Step One-
Buy a complete harness from ecu up to wall then from wall to engine $350 give or take for that and Paul already has told you that he can do that for you.

Step Two-
Get a good welder that can weld steel, $200. Have him reweld the mounts on there and your good to go.

You already have that shell painted and ready to go. Get the harness and the welds done. I am telling you its going to take you a ton more money then that to get another shell prepped and ready to go.

you can cut the mounts out of the shell i have from sobo if you want to weld those in

btw i pm’d you my number so you can call me and you never did

I dont see the issue with having the EG mounts in the CRX

One, you never told me any of that. And Im not completely blaming you, I shouldnt have bought that car without knowing what I was getting into, due to a lack of knowledge.

Two, It needs an entire engine harness, for the ENTIRE CAR.

Three, Those mounts cant just be “re-welded”, they aren’t even in the correct position. They would need to be cut out and re-welded in the correct position, which would take forever to figure out.

Four, It is going to cost me around 2000 to have all that done. When I know I can find a cheaper shell for 2000, why would I pay for that to be done. And there could always be issues with the mounts down the road, because to get them in the right position would be a guessing game.

Yea, I’ve been busy. I PM’ed you back.

i dont understand how you can say that they are in the wrong position when i had a b series engine and tranny in that car running fine, i was dumb and blew up the motor with out a tune.

The wiring is a mess but i would buy a new harness if i was you, I would reweld the mounts.

see post above, $2000 to fix=not worth my time. This is 91crxsi’s old shell correct? Do you still live out in WS? I should be able to take a look at it soon. Paul gave you my number so get at me.