Custom made b18c header... by me

Forgot i wanted to post this up. This is for turdteg’s ride. Its nothing fancy or anything… actually its straight up FUGGLY! Made with 2" OD, .120" wall primaries to a 3" collector. It didn’t come out too bad, for a first try I guess. Check it out.

booger welds but came out ok. unless it is boosted a 3" collector is goin to lose power

2" primaries are too big for a 460CI Ford making 500hp.

damn, that a big ass header.

Methinks something really bad-assed is going to be hooked up to that header!

:blue:

Looks pretty damn good to me!
Wish i could do that for mine

2 much weight in weld there, i thought we talked him into boost?

anyway good luck and when u go to dyno bring an extra simple DC header and see what the results are…

my friend made a side exit and lost a 1/10

well he said its 2"OD so inside will prob be in the 1.75 not bad for first time.

Ya, I wasn’t expecting it to come out so good people would want it mass produced. Ya, its heavy, ya it may not make 20hp on the dyno over a DC, but it was tons of fun to get the experience. I know thought what i’d do different in another one, which is why you gotta make this kinda stuff to get it out of the way.

I had to WELD TEH SHIOT out of it b/c when we broke each primary off to finish weld it, when they went back on they were totally fawked. So there were gaps were there wernt any before. I tryed to mark them good, but oh well.

We did have him talked into boost, but he changed his mind. Actually next the ITB’s go on it, which i’ll probably hit you up joe for some hints and tricks getting them done and dialed in.

The motor is .25mm over ctr pistons, .010" off the head, full port/polish, skunk2 stg2’s, springs/retainers, skunk2 manifold, 310’s, vafc. It’ll get the full tune after the ITB’s are done. I’d like to run Neptune on it, but we’ll c what my buddy’s budget is.

i have a set of (homeade) itbs for a gsr, i dont really plan on using them,

as for tuning, does neptune have itb tools? i know crome does, tuning an itb car takes some TLC

What I heard was, Neptune is the shit of the shit for tuning ITB’s. Just what I heard. I know Crome has it, so that is at least the backup setup.

what did you use for the gsr itb’s u have? wanna trade my man for the 954rr’s with all the sensors, harness, cables, lines? :smiley: pm me

ITB’s are nice but if you want to race anywhere but PRP you won’t pass tech.

put it this way SMSP makes the baddest honda header out there and the biggest they ever go on collector is 2.75"

ya, the collector was MAD overkill, but that was the only thing I could get that was cheap and quick… instead of having to make a collector. The “hourglass” design, I like to call it, is the most efficient for keeping back pressure in the system. I just don’t have the right tools at my shop to to it “correctly”. Maybe someday.

We were up in the air about making one like that or just the big 4-1 that I did. Ended up going with the 4-1. I bet i could make the SMSP for cheaper than this one! If I still have my red hatch after a while, i’ll make one like the smsp.

Could this have been done like a 4-into-2-into-1 with smaller diameter pipes and more fitting?

Get some more practice and I’ll send my Hytech longtube header over for you to copy.

BTW, the set-up you described with oversized CTR’s and Skunk stg 2’s will rip pretty good as I used to have that exact set-up, pelled like a streetbike from 6000-9500 rpm or so as FMF will attest. To be competitive at all these days in even the local all-motor classes though at least a 2.0 is needed for the extra torque.

Ya man, I’m all about making 6-800 dollar headers myself for less than half! I’ll just have to work on getting the tools I want and the materials they require.

The gsr rips pretty good, the bad thing is everything is just slapped together and thats it, its run as-is. Hopefully soon we’ll be tackling teh ITB’s and probably giving you/joe a buzz to help get it done… if your down of course.

I PAINTED THE HEADER SCREW THE WELDS THAT SOME GOOD PAINTING!!! You could jack the whole car up by the header!

man thats big. I have a stock mani I added a dsm flange to that looks more boogered than that.turdteg you still have that 6 for parts?

Nope I never herd from anybody so I took it to the scrap yard. 47$$ lunch money!