E85 update - now available in higher octane

Unlike the E85 you can get at pumps in many locations now, race fuel companies are offering higher octane blends of E85. At the pump they’re essentially denaturing the ethanol with horrible quality gas to bring the octane rating down around 100-105 RON.

By mixing it with unleaded race fuel some companies are now offering 115 RON E85. It’s higher octane, has better burn characteristics since it’s being blended with race gas, is still safe for o2 sensors, and the blend will be FAR more consistant.

When I ran E85 from the pump I had to adjust my fueling every time I fille up because the blend was always a little different.

:tup:

so, its going to end up being like gasoline? We’re going to have regular, special, super, ect of E85?

I’m still considering changing my carb’d wagon and my GP over to E85 when we get more pumps out here in Lkpt.

I doubt this will make it to the pump. It’s only available from certain race fuel suppliers as an off road use only race fuel at this point.

crap.

whats the price per gallon?

nice:tup:

man it sure would be nice to haev an available supply at pump gas prices

yeah jeff would be happy, he is obcessed with the idea of doing his build for E85 :smiley:

I have been wanting to do this to my SHO as well.

one of the Z06 corvette’s that will be pacing the indy 500 is going to run on E85