electric dragster

is being built on discovery channel right now… it’s going to race a viper.

it’s a mail truck with a vw transaxel and subaru shit, the dude is claiming 600hp… no ls1 :bigok:

:gives:

going to watch:cool:

watching it right now.

isn’t the discovery channel supposed to be educational.

oh well this is more interesting anyways

that had to be one of the worst paint jobs i ever saw

how beat… it fuckin broke the whole time… :doh:

yeah that dragster sucked. the paint was horrible and the design wasn’t much better.

It shouldn’t be hard at all to build a fast electric drag car but they somehow screwed it up.

Oh yeah and that guy welding with the four stacked pairs of sunglasses. :nono: :ugh:

broke the record at 15 something…hahahaha…good thing they put the roll cage in and had the fire suit on…

that show sucked

interesting thing about electric engines. constant torque across the board

I :love: the discovery channel

Originally posted by integrrac
interesting thing about electric engines. constant torque across the board

yep. peak torgue at 0 rpms

I dont see why they didnt do some type of chain drive instead of those belts.

I like the idea of taking a 2wd and using electric motors to power the other two wheels… I think it was Toyota or GM who designed a viable prototype using this idea…

just think, when the world runs out of oil in 50+ years…we’re all gonna have to resort to building that crap :scared:

either that or the liberals will finally let us drill in Alaska

Originally posted by 1320
just think, when the world runs out of oil in 50+ years…we’re all gonna have to resort to building that crap :scared:

we’ve gone from a horse to steam to gas. It’s only a matter of time before the next thing comes along. I can’t wait, technology kicks ass.

Originally posted by 1320

power is power… why does it have to come from fossil fuels? i’d kill for a car that runs on water.

Originally posted by ShalerPunk
I like the idea of taking a 2wd and using electric motors to power the other two wheels… I think it was Toyota or GM who designed a viable prototype using this idea…

dodge also made a Durango prototype that had an electric engine to power the rear wheels

Technology :confused: me anymore

Originally posted by ShalerPunk
power is power… why does it have to come from fossil fuels? i’d kill for a car that runs on water.

im sure a prizm probbaly would run on water… :greddy2: