Evo guys with tactrix/evoscan?

If any evo guys in here have a tactrix cable and evoscan and would be cool enough to give me a hand with figuring some stuff out this weekend, i’d appreciate it. I’ll be ordering one tomorrow, but i would rather try to pull a log to see where this tune is fucked up before it arrives next week if possible.

ill probably get home from NYI tomorrow around 8. ill have my laptop and cable with me all day

whats wrong with the car?

ugh i want a damn tune… How much that tactrix cable run you?

90 i believe, somewhere along those lines

hmm thats what they used to be I think, now the suburu/evo one are combined at I think $190. I was asking because if he said $90 I would want to know where he found that ha ha

because i would be all over that. Speaking of which Maybe I could find a loaner around here? All i need to do is log a couple times and email this guy I want to tune for me. He has a very good rep. I guess and does excellent tunes Ive been told.

I know I heard the klemann tune is sick, but I figure Id like to see what this guy has got…

check the classifieds on evom, a lot of people sell them on there.

who are u looking at for the tune?

the cable from tactrix is around 170 now, but the new version includes an SD slot for logging which would be nice…

this matt guy on evowned. his user name is “touringbubble”, or his website is projecttuning.com

When I posted on evowned a few weeks back about a tune, alot of people recommended him, I guess he gets good power out of evos on there, he told me for the tune with the 2 step and some other extras he would charge $180.

All I need is that damn cable, I went to buy it the other day and seen that the price doubled. Ill have to check evom though, if nothing maybe ill just have to man up… Or if someones nice on here maybe I can toss them some cash and rent their cable??

if you go to the evoscan site, they offer an openport cable there as well for $100, and will give a $10 discount on evoscan if you buy the cable from them. Might be the way to go if you don’t wanna drop the additional 60 on the tactrix

What year evo do you have, any mods?

The price increased because tactrix came out with the new version and don’t offer the original $100 cable anymore

well i did not know evo scan had that cable… So i bought it, thanks for letting me know =)

He has my old car… apparently the knock light is blinking… I thought we fixed it with new plugs but its come back :confused:

28 Psi stock turbo/pipes could be a boost leak…

Did you get the T-bolt clamps yet pete?

Hey Mike,

No T-Bolt clamps yet. I changed out the plugs as you suggested, even went a step colder, but no luck. It doesn’t really seem like a boost leak but i’ll look further into that tomorrow when i have some time. Running around 25psi now. Random seeing you the other day…but i suppose not too random since it was right outside your place.

The tune is not fucked up. The fact that NOBODY knows what’s done to this car doesn’t help either. If you want klemanns number pm me and I’ll be more than happy to give it to you. You sure its not flashing while no lifting? Because they all do…also your car for WOT is tuned to have that cutout open as well. Idk if it makes a difference as far as knock is concerned, but try it out anyway. I’ll run this by tom tomorrow and see what he thinks.

No it’s not even to the point where i’m trying to use no lift shift. It will sometimes happen at partial throttle and moderate boost, usually anything above 10 pounds. But sometimes it will be completely fine unless i’m at WOT. I didn’t ask anyone to diagnose this over the forums, i simply asked if someone would let me log with their cable so i could see what it was doing. Also this occurs with the cutout open or closed. I’m assuming you know the mods since you already knew it had a cutout.
QTP 3" Down pipe with cutout
272 cams
MBC set at 25psi
680cc injectors, 255lph pump.