experience with BMR fabrication

I am strongly considering their tubular K member part number KM015

from this site

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodyChassis.htm

anybody have experience dealing with BMR. good or bad i’m interested.

I have the LS1 mount KM003 in my car I love it. I posted some info about it here http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63784
I got it from NewEra that stocks BMR parts and that Kmember. There the only BMR distributors and installers in NY state. I’ve also installed about 4 other of there Kmebers and they all fit great when I worked there 2 years ago. BLKUUS6 on here is gona be ordering that BBC one soon, he was talking to me about taking some weight of his car this winter. Call Mike at newera for a price on it, I know the Kmembers with motor mounts sell for $499 normally and he has sales on them for $440, and sometimes even cheaper for locals.

Also checkout www.Spohn.net, I know J&J is a distributor for them and I have all Spohn suspension on my car

I’m going to get some BMR parts for my stang like subframe connectors and lower control arms that are in stock at J&J speed shop. I have friends with other BMR products on their f-bodys and they all love them… good company

I have a mix of BMR and Spohn on my car. Good stuff

I ran all bmr stuff…my 6-sp car cut 1.5 60fts…on QTP’s. I love their stuff.

i have Spohn… got it from J&J. pretty sure he had it in stock.

Spohn = BMR = UMI

(actually i think i have a PA Racing K)

BMR makes some good stuff. I have the boxed frame ties and 1/2 strut spacers from them. K-members are nice because of the weight savings, and they give more clearance for bigger headers.

I rock bmr lower control arms/panhard bar/tq arm. Also had bmr upper control arms on the old v6.

Theirs a lot of companies out that that make Kmembers for a 4th gen. But I think BMR is the only one that makes one with bolt in mounts for a SBC/BBC. With stock rack mounts, and extra room for up to a 5inch turbo DP between the Kmember and motor mounts. check them out.

www.burkhartchassis.com
www.paracing.com
www.racecraft.com
www.ajeracing.com
www.spohn.net
www.umiperformance.com

For a 5" pipe you’d most likely would need solid mounts I would think, right? Most guys going that big are on a plate anyway. I run a 4" above the K with poly mounts and room to spare. Just need to move thinks around :slight_smile:

From what I’ve read on CZ28.com, the UMI seems to be the “best” one out there per just about everyones reviews.

As for BMR’s other stuff; I’ve got their TA, and SFCs and they fit and work just fine.

The UMI is heavy for those that are concerned about weight.

the “best” would be stuff from guys like madman… it is a couple notches above the rest for guys making a LOT of power or higher duty track cars. it is also proportionally more expensive, but you get what you pay for

for 95% of “normal” duty/power track cars, Spohn, BMR, and UMI are all the same and will get the job done equally as well. i would not discredit, nor merit any of them above each other

Madmans stuff is crazy-overpriced. Go look at some of the stuff he sells. Talk about a profit margin. I looked at a low-mount alternator bracket for my car. $179.00, for a piece of curved steel, 2 long bolts, a 1" sleeve, 2 washers and a belt. Literally $5 worth of metal and a $10 belt. I got one from a different vendor for $90 including shipping. His manual racks are stupid-expensive too.

why is it so expensive?.. because people will pay it. same as “why do dogs like their balls?” -simple economics.

i agree, a lot of his stuff is way overpriced, as is most of the shit it this industry. shit, bob at EPP takes an intercooler that sells for $125 SHIPPED on ebay, plus about 30$ in tubing (retail), $50 in fabrication (cut/weld in jig), $30 in clamps/couplers (retail) and flips it for $800+ship!!! and EVERYBODY humps this guy like he’s some kind of genius; only because they don’t know any better and have ZERO mechanical or fabrication ability. personally i think bob at EPP is a friggen moron, but he obviously has good business sense because everyone in ls1tech-land humps him… :gotme:

you have to admit, though, every madman set-up car i see seems to hook up pretty well.

Not to hijack, but where did yo get the lower Alternator mount for 90.00? Thanks.

You get what you pay for usually, and people who do quality work don’t do it cheap

Theres a guy on Cz8 that makes them and some other nice (for a LT1) stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

some dude, whats do you need this Kmember to do? whats the setup?

Figured I would update this thread rather than create a new one. Installed my BMR K member upper and lower control arms in the camaro. fit was decent, I had to hammer a few things because I could not get their lower control arms to fit into the tabs because the were too tight. The hole for the upper ball joints was machined too large and the ball joints fit like ass. Once I tightened the ball joints it actually tweaked the upper arms so they went in corked. Not the way I would have like to see the upper arms go in but given their design and function they will still operate as intended so I assembled things and dropped the engine back in. The engine fits level now so I think everything might actually fit under a stock hood with some firewall modification.

on a side note I love this camera. It makes it look like I know how to take a picture.