f bod guys come in

Was there an spare tire donut option for you guys? If so where can i find some donut rims for cheap. preferably 16in.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Ugh I have one here that I would let you have but I am in Seattle sooooooo if you feel like having it shipped let me know. But if the bolt pattern is right and you are looking for skinnies they can be had CHEAP and are much lighter.

4th Gens had a little donut in the well on the passenger side. I have one sitting here it’s a T125/75/15. My 3rd gens had 2 different kinds, but iirc they were also 15’s not 16.

exactly, my bolt pattern is 5x120 and im looking for skinnies for the front of my bimmer so i dont die mixing bias ply and radial when im runnin 140mph in the 1/4.

no offense but arent donut tires only rated to like 45mpg or something real low? im guessing your replacing the tires.

the rims are not that light. I know the price went up, but I got my greg weld 15x3.5 for $95 shipped thu Atec. I forgot the GTO parrter its 5x120.6> or somthing but they have a light alum 5spoke spare. its 17x3, and M&N and MT I htink now makes a skinny tires for 17s now.

I just weighed mine, it’s 28lbs on the nose.

I have about 5 of them, I always pull them out of the car when I buy it and then forget to put it back when I sell it lol

I believe they are all unused, I would sell a pair for $20

Hey - if you have extra f-bod spares, I might snag one. I’ve got a worn one with mine. And a GTO’s spare is an aluminum 5-spoker, and a 5x120 (not 120.65mm) pattern and probably would match the BMW.

The GTO spares are hot.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm169/dsp300c/IMG00336.jpg

M&H tires fyi

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm169/dsp300c/IMG00335.jpg

FYI there are a used set on corvette forum for about 425 shipped somewhere.

Think it will be that big of a deal? I am pretty sure they say don’t mix for street use. I don’t know how mixing bias ply and radial at the track would matter in the slightest bit.

lmk

im not too worried about the gas mileage ill get with the wheels. Im more concerned with the MPH’S that my car will be seeing.:wink:

and im fairly sure the rating are tire related and not rim related. That and the fact that there is mismatched tire sizes on a car when being used as a spare.

9c1ny if you got a couple ill grab em from ya. They are 16 right?

wait, are those the pics of the gto spares??? ughh those are friggin hot.

I’m sure the guy meant MPH and not mpg. The spare tires for 4th gen F-bods are 15" not 16". I wouldn’t even think of going 140mph in one. Go buy some skinnies off of ebay, you will find them cheap.

Yes 100% stock GTO spares. They come painted black like that. Those ones have M&H drag skinny tires on them.

Buy those and two of these firebird wheels and you’d be good to go.

http://i5.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/26/50/8e84_1.JPG

+55mm offset :confused:

racing on donut rims can’t be safe

Thats what I was thinking. Especially with how cheap skinnies can be found.

[sarcasm] use this when talking with sarcasm so slow people know you’re being sarcastic :slight_smile: [/sarcasm]

They are created just like every other factory wheel. Some people race with the actual donut tires on them, which I would imagine would be the most unsafe thing ever. Structurally I would say the rims are fine.

CCW skinnies run 1200 a pair just for the rims, 900 if you can find them used.