Factory Nightlife Presents: STEVE PORTER, 8/14/09 @ PURE

Just another big name making his stop in Buffalo for the night. We had him here last year at Quote…and despite him playing a great set, it was kind of a bust because it’s such a shitty venue (despite them bringing in extra speakers specifically for that event).

This is take 2…at a bigger, nicer club.

Friday, August 14th. Music starts at 10PM, local talents opening for him, and he’ll probably go on around midnight or 1AM. Also, in a separate room, there will be more local guys spinning more progressive/house all night as well, so if you don’t like one DJ, there’s the option to go hear something different 10 steps away.

I can’t find the link for it now, but if somebody can host a link to Steve Porter’s Essential Mix on Radio One…it’ll blow you away. This guy’s really talented.

Here’s the writeup from the event page:

FACTORY NIGHTLIFE IS PROUD TO PRESENT ONE OF THE MOST TALTED DJ’S IN THE WORLD AND A GREAT FRIEND OF OURS…

Steve Porter is at the forefront of the next generation of electronic dance music artists, whose wide talents encompass an inimitable DJing style, international touring schedule, and his prolific, cutting edge productions on his own successful label PH recordings. His unique blend of energetic dance music incorporates various styles into an eclectic range of funked-up house beats with a techy-edge and twisted jams induced by his own re-edits and mixes that mold his DJ sets. His debut artist album Homegrown (2005) propelled him onto the international stage and lauded standing as one of DJ Times’ “America’s Best DJs”. Porter’s driving, dynamic DJing style has been captured on his compilations Porterhouse (2006) and Porterhouse Volume 2 (2007). Now his own label, PH Recordings focuses on introducing new artists from his own collective of Boston artists, other emerging global acts and as an outlet for his own productions. His latest “The Control” EP out now on Beatport will introduce his second long-player due out in late Spring 2009.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=129384800794&ref=nf

LOL Its kind of funny andy you don’t even work for brian either and you are promoting for him lol

I’m just doing what i can to help improve a scene i <3

It takes 2 minutes to make a thread…and if it gets 5 or 10 people more to attend, well worth my 2 minutes.