FEELER FS: 1997 CIVIC HX (now with more pics)

Let me start by saying this is definitely a feeler. I was considering posting this in gen auto for advice, but lets see how this goes.

I got word from a family member today that she is letting her car go. Its a 98 audi a4 qt 5 speed. immaculately maintained and at a smoking ‘inside the family’ deal :snky:
This deal is making me seriously consider letting my car go, so this thread is a TW/getting advice on what I should do.

Anywho…/ramble

Possibly up for sale is:

1997 Honda civic hx coupe

112,XXX
5 speed
bone stock all original
EDIT: squeaky clean carfax, I am the second owner

The good:
-bought from a honda dealer last summer
-tb and wp replaced
-oil changed every 3k
-tons of stuff replaced from honda (have all records/receipts)
-sportrack snowboard/ski rack included with sale
-washed atleast once a week, no rust, immaculate interior
-GREAT ON GAS
-clllleeeeeaaaannnnnnnn
EDIT: new tires up front, rear tires at about 60%(on sexy hx rims;))
-plugs, wires and filter less than 2 months ago
-new windshield jan.2008 (have reciept)

The bad:
-nothing except a few nicks and scratches due to its age

Asking price: 4500 neg.

kbb lists at 4500 and with the addition of theroofrack i think its a good starting price. if you don’t like it GTFO. This is a feeler and I am still not sure what to do.

If anyone is interested please pm me. If you have advice, feel free to post it up.

PICS:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/jamzrowear12/DSCN1651.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/jamzrowear12/DSCN1643.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/jamzrowear12/DSCN1812.jpg

Woah. Where’s all the wear and tear and rust from 11 years of being a Honda in NY?

People are probably going to bitch about your price, and I am probably going to give them infractions for it. :wink: But for the cleanliness that price seems pretty good.

How many miles are on the Audi?

looks clean

thanks.

audi just broke 100k. all belts replaced, new oem turbo, only thing original is clutch. car is immaculate and has been in VA its whole life :slight_smile:

Control arms?

on the audi? i’d have to ask

Yeah the older A4’s are notorious (sp?) for control arm problems. Otherwise it sounds pretty solid. Still more of a risk of problems than the Civic, but you get more power and comfort so :gotme:

i see, thanks.

I definitely agree with you on risk factor. no doubt it will be more expensive to maintain

This car is incredibly clean. I haven’t seen a cleaner HX or any civic in a long time especially for being through New York winters.

Car runs great, it drives smooth, the clutch is absolutely solid… Very well maintained

If you want a unmolested civic this is definitely the car

wow, glws. that is a really clean car that’ll get great gas mileage.

update: bought the audi anyways. i could NOT pass it up for the price I got it for.

Thanks for the positive responses, and if anyone wants to take a look at the civic feel free to PM me.

wow. very nice and clean.

cleanest civic evr?
if i didnt already have like 17 hondas i’d consider this…
glws

Do you have a receipt of the TB and H20 pump being replaced?

i would have to check. i bought it from a honda dealer with 92k on it. it was a trade in from the original owner. I am not sure if the paperwork is there, but I was assured it had been done by the first owner.

edit: i do however have the checklist from the honda techs showing everything replaced. If it had not been done honda would have done it in house before the sale. ill grab that paperwork sometime this weekend and also take some engine bay/quarter pics.

trade ya my steelies or my 15 wheels for your hx wheels and cash on my end :slight_smile:

no thanks.

When you say lots of stuff replaced, I assume you have an exact list. Could you please post that up/pm/email? I am extremely interested, but I need to know exactly what had been replaced, and what I can budget into future repairs.

Also, does it have AC? Is it fully functional, does it blow cold?

Is the car still on the road so I could come take a test drive etc?

Thanks

Tony

i have an exact list. put it this way, I am still torn on selling the car because i DO NOT forsee any repairs for quite some time knocks on wood

I am going to go through my paperwork either tomorrow or sometime monday, I will post up a picture of the Honda paperwork and I will prolly shoot you a PM. I will also take some more pics.

and yes, the AC blows ICE cold, and everything on the car is fully functional. It still has the original casette player behind the cup holders…lol

and yes the car is on the road, i still drive it everyday. its in Fredonia NY.

If anyone wants to meet up, please PM me.

trade a 1992 gli?