FS: 1986 Six-Speed 4x4 Tercel Wagon SR5 - The Ultimate Winter Beater

Well, winter has passed and with the return of my car in to the country soon I no longer have room for the winter beater that gave me by far the most fun driving winter I’ve had to date.

This thing is an absolute beast in mud and snow - especially when it’s really slippery. Big 4x4 trucks, quattros, wrx’s, etc… they’ve got nothing on you.

Well, at least for a few seconds… because this thing isn’t accelerating too fast with 20 year old 1.5L

The car is a 1986 Toyota Tercel Wagon SR5 4WD. It’s awesomely ugly, a ton of fun to drive but has a few quirks. It’s got a 6-speed manual transmission (5 normal gears, plus a 6th extra low gear for those off-roading adventures of which you will have several if you are anything like me)

I don’t have any extremely recent photos of the car but the ones I’ve posted are from… I guess about 5 months ago when I bought this car before the winter.

What you can’t tell from the pictures below:

• 205,000 KLM
  • No E-Test Required (Older than 20 years)
  • Selling without safety, but it passed it 5 months ago and less than 10,000KLM ago.
  • No issues with engine, starts every time and runs about as strong as you can expect from 62HP
  • No Stereo
  • New Front Drivers side wheel bearing
  • New Alternator
  • New Serpentine Belt
  • Has 15" wheels and very badass Hankook Winter tires with tons of meat on them.
  • Also included are all 4 stock 13" wheels with worn rubber.
  • Rust along the edges of all 4 wheel fenders, you can’t see it in the pictures
  • The car clunks in the front end when going over rough parts of the road, it’s done this since I’ve owned it and never become a real issue - I’ve never narrowed it down to exactly what it is. It doesn’t affect driveability.
  • Because of the above problem, the steering column also makes some rattling noise when going over bumps in the road.

$1400 OBO - This is what I paid for it about 5 months ago and less than 10,000 KLM ago, except I’ve fixed everything that needed to be fixed in order to get it driving safely, using all brand new parts.

I’ll add to this as I think of other things that need mentioning, post here or PM with questions. I haven’t figured out exactly what to do for another car when this one sells so it may or may not be available right away - I just realized today that I was going to need to sell this.

Contact me anytime:
email: jammin@cogeco.ca
phone (John): 905-616-2299 (leave a message and I’ll call you back, I won’t answer)

http://jammin.jshost.ca/bigwheel.jpg

//EDIT #1//
Just got home, and while I was out driving I thought of one other thing that I wanted to mention…

The door handles on both the drivers and passenger side like to stick up when you open the door, just about every time I open the door I have to pull it back down before I shut the door or else it takes two tries to close the door before it will stay shut (if it doesnt catch the first time, the bang causes the handle to drop and it works the second time haha)

I’ve never attempted to fix because I don’t care really - but I’m extremely non-picky about minor annoyances. It’s probably an easy fix??

This is an awesome car! i’ve been in it many times, it can take on anything you throw at it. this is definitely a fun offroading vehicle.

that car is some kiinda wickedness actually… looks like it rolled off the sickass truck half way through awesometown

Thats about exactly what I meant when I said “awesomely ugly”. That’s about the best way to describe it.

PS - The rally lights work, and they are AMAZING in a dark trail.

That made my day, thanks Bing!

John, will you include the slick audio setup?

Does that answer your question? :slight_smile:

However, for the right price - I would consider including it.

It would take a … “special” buyer to appreciate the current stereo setup. Although a bit… funky… it sounds way better than most in-car stereos :smiley:

does this one have the “off-roading” guages in the dash? Vehicle incline/side tilt?

hahah cool looking retro car… i want one lol

Darian,
Unfortunately not. It’s one of the only SR5’s that doesn’t actually. It was optional on the Canadian model SR5’s but most still have it. I almost bought one though, there is a really awesome forum dedicated to these cars and people sell stuff for dirt cheap on there. They can be had (as well as some wicked aftermarket ones) on ebay for cheap also.

If I was keeping it, I would definitely be doing some little things like that, as well as a lift which is also really easy (jeep springs fit with very little modification and give a wicked lift)

Thanks Jesse, besides my 240 I’ve never loved a beater that I love as much as I love this one. It’s just too awesome.

If anyone is serious about buying and come to see this thing at a good time (meaning a nice wet night where there will be some good mud) I’ll take you for a quick rip to prove the off-road worthiness of this little beast. :slight_smile:

Sold. Please lock.

PS - Thx for the pizza!