fs: 1987 honda rebel 250

1987 honda rebel 250 no title. I’d like $400 obo-i’m negotiable. someone took it apart and then left it in barn for 20 years the owner died of cancer and the family moved out of state (idk where) so i got it at a garage sale in boxes. I’m not into bikes or i’d put it on the road myself. I put engine back in and put new rings in. metallic brown, minor chips, otherwise glossy, no dents in tank, seat is in great shape, keys work, gas cap works, chrome is alittle pitted but could prolly be polished or rechromed if you wanted. needs 1 needle valve for carb-it leaks out the tube when turned off, needs front forks and caliper(i have the lower parts to the forks as well as the springs and axle bolt),needs front exhaust pipes-i have the mufflers on, needs battery cover, it runs and drives well(i borrowed the forks off of a different bike so i could drive it(forks not included had to put them back on other bike)-i have pics of me riding it if anyone wants-or i can take fresh ones), its a nice little bike with lots of good parts. I would like to sell it as a whole bike.

how many miles on her?

has the motor been rebuilt at all? carbs cleaned?

alittle over 3000mi. i think. i’d have to look though. i put new piston rings in, cleaned the carb but the original owner messed up the butterfly so it sucks alittle air. it needs a needle valve, when i shut it off if i dont turn the tank off it leaks out of the carb tube. but the carb is clean and works otherwise.I think it has alot of power concidering its a 250.

my girl just picked up one of these, its badass.

how can you get it registered w/o a title?

thats where knowing alot about bikes comes in. i was going to go to a bike boneyard and see if there was anything there that was smashed up or busted but that had papers with it-just never had time and i need to make some room in my shop, or if your a welder you could make your own frame and just move everything over fairly easily-again no time and i’m not into bikes that much. the only other thing you could do is go to the dmv and see if they can tell you anything about the vin. mainly i know what new honda parts cost and that if someone crashed theirs up badly, this bike would be a great bike to get almost everything off of. the front forks and the front exhaust are the only things really missing that makes it not ridable as is.