FS: 1996 Ford Contour $300

The car runs but needs a water pump, it over heats. Im pretty sure it needs a water pump and a front pass side tire. Has 99,XXX miles on it and is automatic. My dad started to take it apart but fucked his hand up so he cant work on it, he just took off a few brackets, everything is still there.Looking for $300.

how bad is it to change?

Meh, have to jack up the motor or lower it to get to it. Not overall difficult but a pain in the ass.

do you have the water pump?

Also you thats what it is?

Not trying to be a dick and ask alot of questions but am thinking about buying but dont want to find out its something internal.

Also i know its only 300 bucks but dont have alot of money to play around with.

6 or 4 cyl. 6 cyl i would pass. actually either way any thing contour i would pass they are not worth the maitnance. when i was working at pepboys there was one in there every week for something redic.

u cant see the 4 spark plug wires in the pic

I dont have the water pump, but I can say in my honest opinion its teh water pump that needs to be replaced. I could however be wrong, my dad was fixing it and that is what he said it was.

It’s very possible it’s the pump, Ford also had the brilliant idea of using plastic impellers that fall apart. BMW pulled the same shit right around that time and they were always failing. At least BMW made a recall and replaced all of them with metal impeller and then an updated composite.

pm ed

Yep, kinda what I was thinking. Its a shitty design to say the least.

Not trying to be a dick but you cant tell if its a 4 or 6 cyl you should not have been working at pep boys or any shop or parts store for that matter

You should not be allowed to speak on here ever again if you can’t tell that’s a 4 banger.

lol…youre a fucking retard.

GLWS shaun <–spl?

wheres the car located im interested but not interested in towing to rochester lol

I changed one on my Mom’s Mystique years ago, it was a huge PITA. The timing cover being one piece and going behind the crank pulley sucks. And you have a 4in of room to work in the engine bay between the wheel well. It always had problem after problem every since they day she bought it. She hated that car.

You’re wrong on both its not a 4 or a 6 its obviously a v8 lol

sounds like a malibu pump god that was horrible…

but bump for good seller…

Thanks guys. I sold it on craigslist for $350. I was gonna just junk.

I think your right…

:gtfo: