FS: 2006 ninja 250

man, i wish i trusted other drivers. i would get a crotch rocket in a second.

[quote=“Willybeen,post:14,topic:33849"”]

wanna know why they havent changed… because its a beginner bike

[/quote]

for someone who is less than 5’3 and less than 120 lbs i would say great beginner bike but for anyone else a 600 is just right for a beginner bike

[quote=“jkucz28,post:22,topic:33849"”]

for someone who is less than 5’3 and less than 120 lbs i would say great beginner bike but for anyone else a 600 is just right for a beginner bike

[/quote]

ill agree to disagree… 600’s can go 160 mph… without breaking a sweat and get to 130 in under 11 seconds… 60 is obtainable in under 3 with a skilled rider… thats faster than a dodge viper… which i hardly consider a perfect car for a teenager… now throw in balance… throw in distributing weight… and 2 wheels with a contact patch about the size of your fist… .and add 120 hp on a 400 lb machine… i dont think that sounds like a great idea for a beginner…

FUNDAMENTALS are what a 250 ninja stresses…

-FRONT BRAKE WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE

• Rear brake can and will get you in trouble
  • throttle control is key
  • smoothness is key
  • look where you want to go
  • the bike will fall over… it happens, be it parking on a hill… parking in grass… doing a slow turn… hitting stones… Sooo go
    ahead buy that new 600… and when you crash it, make an insurance claim and i continue
    to have to pay 2k a year for full coverage… i will continue to hate you (every time i’ve
    ever had an accident, i have NEVER made a claim on my bike insurance)
  • the list goes on and on…

if your just cruising fine… but if your just cruising why do you need 100 hp?

SIDE NOTE… if you have ridden 600’s for a decent time… im not talking about your best friend and how he let you take his bike for the weekend. I mean you have logged 10’s of thousands of miles on the bike… some aggressive, some cruising, some in traffic, some in the country… i am not opposed to saying buy a liter bike… its a BEAUTIFUL thing riding and not shifting every 10 seconds, but would i trade my 636 for a liter bike with the intent to track it… not a chance…

my 636 did everything i ever wanted… i bought a liter bike because i like acceleration and wanted a new pretty bike… i will never EVER… EVER… EVER… be able to ride a NINJA 250 to its potential nor do i think 99% of the people on this board would be able to either

/rant

I DONT WANT TO HEAR THE HATERS SAY I’ve never dropped a bike… if you havent good job for every one of you that hasnt there is 2000 that have… and im not saying all out crash it, just let it fall over… it happens and if it hasn’t log 12k miles in a season EVERY season and let me know how you fair

bottom line this bike is worth the money and would make a great tool to somebody who has never ridden before and would like to get into the sport for cheap… with cheap insurance, and over 60 mpg…oh yea… tires… they actually last over 3k miles on this bike and dont cost 300 to replace… woot woot

EXCELLENT FIRST BIKES - Ninja 250, Ninja 500 (ex250, ex500), Yamaha maxim series (400, 500, 550, 600, 650, 750) Honda CB series… (NOT CBR)… suzuki sv 650, suzuki gs500, yamaha seca II… the list goes on… most “R” model bikes are SS bikes and are typically the FAST bikes. when it comes down to it… most people will go buy the gsxr 1000 that they want… which is fine because i have one that needs to be sold and frankly if you want to buy it… Darwin will weed you out if he feels you made the wrong decision (i hope not though)

[quote=“jkucz28,post:22,topic:33849"”]

[/quote]

lol

i used a Ninja 250 at the MSF Course It was fantastic…bump fo an awesome starter bike

[quote=“Willybeen,post:23,topic:33849"”]

ill agree to disagree… 600’s can go 160 mph… without breaking a sweat and get to 130 in under 11 seconds… 60 is obtainable in under 3 with a skilled rider… thats faster than a dodge viper… which i hardly consider a perfect car for a teenager… now throw in balance… throw in distributing weight… and 2 wheels with a contact patch about the size of your fist… .and add 120 hp on a 400 lb machine… i dont think that sounds like a great idea for a beginner…

FUNDAMENTALS are what a 250 ninja stresses…

-FRONT BRAKE WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE

• Rear brake can and will get you in trouble
  • throttle control is key
  • smoothness is key
  • look where you want to go
  • the bike will fall over… it happens, be it parking on a hill… parking in grass… doing a slow turn… hitting stones… Sooo go
    ahead buy that new 600… and when you crash it, make an insurance claim and i continue
    to have to pay 2k a year for full coverage… i will continue to hate you (every time i’ve
    ever had an accident, i have NEVER made a claim on my bike insurance)
  • the list goes on and on…

if your just cruising fine… but if your just cruising why do you need 100 hp?

SIDE NOTE… if you have ridden 600’s for a decent time… im not talking about your best friend and how he let you take his bike for the weekend. I mean you have logged 10’s of thousands of miles on the bike… some aggressive, some cruising, some in traffic, some in the country… i am not opposed to saying buy a liter bike… its a BEAUTIFUL thing riding and not shifting every 10 seconds, but would i trade my 636 for a liter bike with the intent to track it… not a chance…

my 636 did everything i ever wanted… i bought a liter bike because i like acceleration and wanted a new pretty bike… i will never EVER… EVER… EVER… be able to ride a NINJA 250 to its potential nor do i think 99% of the people on this board would be able to either

/rant

I DONT WANT TO HEAR THE HATERS SAY I’ve never dropped a bike… if you havent good job for every one of you that hasnt there is 2000 that have… and im not saying all out crash it, just let it fall over… it happens and if it hasn’t log 12k miles in a season EVERY season and let me know how you fair

bottom line this bike is worth the money and would make a great tool to somebody who has never ridden before and would like to get into the sport for cheap… with cheap insurance, and over 60 mpg…oh yea… tires… they actually last over 3k miles on this bike and dont cost 300 to replace… woot woot

EXCELLENT FIRST BIKES - Ninja 250, Ninja 500 (ex250, ex500), Yamaha maxim series (400, 500, 550, 600, 650, 750) Honda CB series… (NOT CBR)… suzuki sv 650, suzuki gs500, yamaha seca II… the list goes on… most “R” model bikes are SS bikes and are typically the FAST bikes. when it comes down to it… most people will go buy the gsxr 1000 that they want… which is fine because i have one that needs to be sold and frankly if you want to buy it… Darwin will weed you out if he feels you made the wrong decision (i hope not though)

[/quote]

Excellent rant. You know the best part of all of this is…it’s fucking common sense.

I have logged 4000 miles in the last 2 months :smiley: I’m a happy man.

i’d snag this, but i am broke… paying for college in cash sucks. :frowning:

[quote=“Willybeen,post:23,topic:33849"”]

snip

[/quote]

I will admit I think maybe I should have botton a Ninja 250 or even 500 to learn on and not the GSX-R 600 but I feel I know my limits and am smart enough to not push myself past those limits…atleast i didnt go with a liter bike right away…and oh yea…i dropped mine already it happens

ugh, why couldn’t this be next year?

it might be around till next year man, im trying to get everything worked out money wise and i might not be able to afford a new bike until next summer…

willy is right somewhat, and every rider knows if they bought a 250 they would ride it for seriously 2 or 3 days and want an upgrade already… unless youre a midget.

this still for sale?

I’ve wanted a bike for years, this is def. in my price range for next year, and I really just want something to tool around on. I’m small and female, so a 250 is a good starter bike size for me, and I’m sure I’ll keep it around more than a week :slight_smile:

jcuz. so you do the stuff will and i do in our sigs/avatar?

need this gone $2000

hmm im thinkinig very hard about this

Got to agree 100% with Willie. I used to live in Toronto when I was younger. there i had a fz600. Not the greatest of bikes, but it got me around. Me and a few friends used to get togeather with a few other people and go racing through the streets late at night. Im not talking about the highway but Downtown Toronto at like 3-4 in the morning. Pretty suicidal now that I think of it. Anyway a girl from out school used to show up there on occasion with a twofiddy Ninja. As embarasing as it might be she mopped the floor with 90% of the people that raced her. Mysellf included. Botom line is. If you know your machine and your ability to control it you’l be more then fine. Granted on the 400 a 250 will fall far behind an R1 or that shiny r6. But lets face it. A monkey with a compolsive masterbation disorder can drive in a straight line all day long too. But when it comes to taking them corners that busy right monkey hand might be a hindrance. Commom sence. Hah I think alot of people have forgot what that is.

But. Whoever buys this bike will be mor than happy with it in my humble oppinion.

[quote=“mechanicalmadness,post:37,topic:33849"”]

SENSE*

[/quote]

lol… btw… do i know you?

but absolutely… around town for a first bike you can not beat this bike… especially with its total value… (MPG, forgiveability, cheap insurance, $ to knowledge gained, cheap repairs, and MOST OF ALL… at this price you will get your money back when you sell it)

ITS SOLD!!!

congrats… who bought it… pm me what you got for it… if you dont mind