FS: 98 Formula Firebird (The NYSPEED WHORE)

well, didnt wanna put it on here but since LZ’s awesome detective work already discovered the car for sale on LS1tech here it is…and thanks Tim for the pre-sale write up lol…

Car dyno’d 343rwhp

White Formula-
1998 hardtop, 113k
A4
Grey cloth interior , seats are excellent, dash is mint, door panels have a little wear and tear

Pacesetter LTs, dumped X pipe, Lid, UD pulley, Yank SS4000 stall, 3.23s (working posi), Sphon LCAs, SFCs, Comp eng rear shocks, MT drag radials, rear window tinted 5% , side windows untinted
Ac removed, air removed, CC removed ,windshield squirts gone, the carpet is cut right in front of the rear seats (but I put it back in the car because it looked like complete shit without it) and the rear seats ARE in the car. The car has working lights all around, working heat w/ blower, working wipers, nothing stripped out of the inside (still has working pwr winows, pwr locks, pwr seat ect ect)

with 3.73s it ran a 12.1 @111mph in the 1/8th it ran a 7.76 @ 88 on a 1.7 60’
weighs 3030#'s
Car is a rust free Texas car, clean title, clean car fax
Overall nice shape, it has some wear and tear, no dents or dings but front bumper cover has some spidering of the paint, besides that the paint is pretty clean, no major flaws
It has new front tires and the rears are worn Mickey Thompson Street ETs
Brakes are good and it has slotted rotors

Working single cd Monsoon with aftermarket speakers, no traction control, cloth interior, pwr drivers seat, pwr antenna in-op but in up position
The car is loud (sounds awesome!) with the dumped X pipe but it runs and drives great, no SES or anything, no oil consumption issues or piston slap, both windows work, both headlights work

not looking to make ANY money on it, and im actually gonna lose money on it now…i have it listed on ls1tech for 6,000 (which is what i owe) but ill take a hit on it to sell it with no bullshit attatched, even though this is gonna cause a huge controversy on here…i can already tell…but w/e

$5500…lets see how many owners this slut can have in one year…

we not only whore nyspeed, we whore ls1tech, we do own ls1’s too :wink:

glws

I was interested in this when LZ first posted but with 2 lightning quick turns, it seems like something is up.

Why the sale?

^ Please see this thread: http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49294

And keep any BS offtopic stuff in that thread.

:tup:

wellll… i sold the del sol on here it had a solid 5 owners in less than a year, and as far as i know there was nothing wrong with it during any of those sales… SOOO? sometimes people change their minds…

GLWTS

this car has absolutly nothing to promote quick sales. i have been in this car. it rides and drives very well. and it scoots the fuck out for sure.

I think he just didnt truly want this car, a mistake that many of us have made before. i really wish i wasnt extremely broke right now otherwise i would definitly buy this. a few hundred bucks (cam) and your mid to high elevens. For a few more dollars (juice) you are hanging with the big dogs.

Bump for a very cool guy, honest, and a no bull shit dude.

Thanks for the link??

I’m interested in the car. Why can’t I provide the thought that brought about the question asked?

I’m sure the car is top notch, no drama intended by the question/opinion.

Sure you can. And your answer is in that thread.

Posts #20, 22, 44.

thanks guys…and yes LZ already started a “lets whine about my car being for sale again” thread, so everyone can gripe and bitch in that one lol…

yea theres nothing wrong with the car, i just made a mistake…we all do sometimes and im realizing it now before im in too deep with it…and yes rob, this isnt exactly a car that i WANTED 110% it was something i thought could be fun for a while…but…idk im seeing that it was an impulse buy and not a good one…

hay willybeen, looks like you got your wish big boy…2 wheels here i come lol

:word:

There are a couple of local Ellis’ that are running low 12s on just a cam… and they weigh ~800lbs more then this car.

:tspry:

indeed…

i know oroc was looking to get rid of his cam out of his beast for cheeeeeeeeeeeap…so 5700 and you got yourself a 11 second machine…

This car is 100% ready to roll
I just change my mind too much and I think Cory had a change of heart
Good price for a good car!

YAY!

thanks tim…yea the car def holds its own against a majority of the cars out there…esp from a dig…good christ i launched her the other day for the first time and holy shit…thats all i need to say…it was def a change of heart…i think the next LSx powered car i buy will be a vette…

???

You need to be at least 40 and balding before you do that. This will sell, just wait for the right buyer to come along.

lol yeah fair enough…which means i wont have one til im older anyways…yea im hoping someone jumps on this and keeps it for a while…its def worth more, but like i said i dont wanna profit off of this whatsoever…i just want it gone

el bumpo

pending an “official mechanic evaluation” i stink we have a buyer!

Big Ed?