FS: Canon Rebel XTi

Already did…

Not to ruin your for sale thread but have you thought about keeping it? I noticed you mentioning doing weddings. Having two bodies is almost a must for wedding photography. There is nothing wrong with an XTi. Where do you feel you need upgrading?

I plan to pick up something a little better down the road to have as a secondary. I’m going with the 7D after doing some 7D vs 5D MK 1 reading because it seems like the better overall deal…but I plan to get maybe a T1i to be a secondary unit later on, etc.

What I have been doing at the weddings is using the rented body as the one with the 17-50mm Tammy and the backup as the one with the 50mm 1.4. I find myself using the Tammy more anyway as it does decent bokeh as well when setting the focus points to manual and getting close.

I think I’ll be okay for the time being…plus some of my friends have decent Canon’s I can always borrow should the need arise. This is probably my last 2 weddings of the season…and by next year I hope to have all my equipment.

My main issues are the ISO settings on the XTi’s, when set remotely higher, become REAL grainy. 1600 on the XTi is turrible, but on the T3i I rented for the last wedding (and the 7D I’m renting for the next wedding), it’s nothing.

Just overall image quality I guess.

7d is tits! good choice BRO

http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/images/7/79/Furiousfap.gif

I can vouch for the 7D as I own one myself and have a 50D as my backup. I had an XTi for quite some time and I shot at 800-1600 and never felt that the noise level was out of control. And once a little noise reduiction was applied in lightroom, the pics were good to go. Of course, it will not hold an candle to the newer bodies as far as high iso-low noise goes but IMO it was very acceptable. You have heard about the firmware upgrade to unlock higher ISO’s in the XTi right? The XTi and 40D share the same sensor and with the upgrade will have similar noise levels as a 40D.

Also, again off topic but using a 17-50 and a 50mm lens as you two lenses is kind of silly being that have have two lenses at the same focal length. Waste of the second body really. I do realize the prime can open up a lot more then the 2.8 of the tammy but realistically taking pics at a wedding at anything less then 2.8 is rare. I’d say have the tammy on one and a 50+ on the other (ie, 70-200, 55-250, 70-300, 85mm, etc). For wedding I use primarily my Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS and my 70-200 2.8 IS and the whole thing could be done with just those two. I do occasionally throw on the 10-22 for some wide angle shots of the venue’s or maybe a group shot of the entire party.

I am NOT against upgrading bodies, as I moved my way up too. I just don’t like seeing people upgrade when it’s not completely necessary. As you know, lenses first! Lol. And in all honesty, I did a wedding on Monday and I don’t think I went over ISO 500 the entire day, until some special firework shots (which were at ISO 2000). Flash is key!

Side note. Will you sell body only? Lol, I may pick this up for a third body.

Yeah I get what you’re saying. And I did hear about the firmware upgrade but didn’t really look into it to be honest.

I guess part of me wants to upgrade because that’s how I am…being into technology and all. I might be able to squeeze more out of the XTi, but I’d just rather have something super instead :rofl :facepalm

I would sell the body only, sure. But I think I’m meeting with Corey tomorrow to sell it so, unless that falls through…

Here is my site…I’d be interested in hearing some of your critique good or bad:

www.ilyakolproductions.com

Corey is going to buy it and then drop it into the lake

DONT SAY THAT YOU ******

Use the neckband

:lol

Sold…lock it up.