FS or parting out - '89 RX-7 GX (non-turbo)

I’ll just pust most of what I put in another ad:

Includes A/C, sunroof, new Pioneer speakers (no radio), MSD 6A ignition box, alloy spare, jack. Paint is in good condition, minor cosmetic rust but body is in good shape. Interior is in excellent condition.

Needs tires, exhaust. Engine is not running, I’ve been unable to diagnose it. Could be a cheap fix, could be expensive.

Great project car, or for parts. Probably worth $1500-2000 in parts alone. Transmission is good, I used Redline fluid. Radiator flushes and oil changes were done more often than neccesary.
I’m looking for $1500 obo. failing that, I’ll take offers on parts too, on the chance that it doesn’t sell as one piece. I have two headlight covers, a new set of (front?) rotors, and a set of 4-pot Turbo calipers as well. This is sold as-is, but in-person inspection is welcome.

Pics @ http://www.n-bomb.com/temp/RX-7/

I really need to make room for either an S14 or a winter beater… either way I need to get rid of this and get some cash for it to go in the new car fund. Thanks for any interest!

Allow me to list the offers/prices quoted on what parts I’ve gotten so far, for your convenience:

The two seats: 2 @ $150
All four speakers: 1 @ $120
Arm rest: 1 @ $15
OEM main cat: 1 @ $40
Engine (as is): 1 @ $500 (as noted below)
Rolling shell: 1 @ $900

Again, this is all obo. Feel free to offer more or less, as I’ve said in replies, I’m going with the highest offer, not first-come-first-served. I’ll probably give it a week or two before I make my final descisions.

Again, thanks!

lol, its a 13b, it commited suicide, lol

Nah, I’m fairly sure it didn’t blow any seals. That’s the strange part. I’ve come to think it’s something electrical, because of the way it was running before it died, but I have neither the facilities nor the inclination to actually try anything.

How much for the motor?

I’ve seen 13B-Ts going for $1100-1500, so I guess I’d ask around $500 obo for the engine, since I don’t know what’s wrong with it. Remember it’s as-is.

Also I should say that I’d really prefer to deal locally, unless someone lives outside of the city and is willing to pick things up, I’d rather not have to ship anything (specially not the big parts…)

Thanks!

I may be interested in a rolling shell–no engine. Let me know.

I will buy both front seats and front floor carpets if you don’t need them.