Go pro hero 3

i want to watch myself hit trees on a snowboard in 1080p/60fps, would be awesome.

^^ :lol

[ame]http://vimeo.com/51719760[/ame]

Checkout SONY’s steadyshot mode, it seems to work very well. At that $199 price range, if you want wi-fi then you’will have to go with HERO3, personally I think the built-in wi-fi is great. However if you want a steadyshot mode and built-in stereo (HERO3 is mono, but have a stereo mic jack), then SONY.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA2Kl7em-9w[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEIa_DbQjxA[/ame]

steady shot is pretty legit!

THIS is the exact comparison I was looking for. The steadyshot alone had me sold!

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qa8mUWBXyk[/ame]

Wow, that action cam is pretty good. I don’t do anything like racing, but the price point of the Sony is attractive. Not to mention stereo audio vs mono on the GoPro, etc.

…But the Hero3 came with built-in wi-fi even on the cheapest model. I guess it will have to depend on your application and how you intend to use the cam.

I think the ActionCam HDR-AS15 also has built-in WiFi. The AS10 doesn’t IIRC.

Yes. What I meant is the $199 AS10 has no wi-fi but the $199 HERO3 has. The AS15 the model with wi-fi is $270.

Where is the best place to pick on of these up? If there any benefit to preordering it anywhere? I decided I am 100% getting one.

I’d wait for a sale to pop up personally, but I heard best buy had a pre order for 289 for he black edition.

Definitely don’t see anything about that.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/GoPro+-+HERO3+HD+Flash+Memory+Camcorder+-+Black/6571689.p?id=1218757813679&skuId=6571689

This is bullshit. I just bought the hero2 with the wifi backpack and remote two months ago.

The wi-fi on the action cam is not what you think it is. Its simply wi-fi upload to a computer like the eyefi sd cards.

The app for the go-pro finally came out on iphone/ipad, it really shows off what you can do with the wifi. Turning on and off the camera, framing the shot, and streaming the footage…

I sold my HD Hero2 and all the gear I had.

I picked up a 64GB Class 10 MicroSDHC card for $40 on Amazon and this will be going in the Hero3 whenever I get it. Decided to go with GoPro instead of the Action Cam.

Damn, sorry about that.

<b>Hero 2 on sale at Costco</b>

same here but maybe 4 months ago lol, Im just gonna keep using my 2 till the 4 comes out lol, I dont use my gopro but maybe once a month anyways lol

gopro app for android is finally out. works mint on my hero2 with wifi backpack.

theres a couple second delay, so keep that in mind but its great for setting up camera mounts and what not.

scoopin the new one on the 30th!! black edition

You get yours Ryan? What do you think. I have one coming for christmas. I can’t wait to use it.

Love my hero2. Will probably get a Hero3 black edition in the summer.