Gone

yea but the 1300 still has to be paid correct?

hmmmm interesting…

Im 90% sure. I know you can register cars with liens printed on titles, I just did and I just sold one like that, but there was no money owed on them the person just never sent the lien release to the DMV to get it off the title. I really don’t think you can register the car if someone still owes money on it. Technically shouldn’t the bank still have the title?

Sorry Dave not trying to blow up your spot.

yea well if thats the deal on this f that

wOrd. so he’s pretty much selling a car that doesn’t belong to him.

Im not sure if he knows there is an actual Lien on the car meaning money owed.

:tup: to a great seller, GLWS

thats what i was thinking…

hmm.

Shawn, your definitly not blowing up my spot, at least I know alittle bit of the idea and everything. I wll call hsbc to reasure this information and find out the what’s needed to be find out. Worst comes to worst I will sell it as a parts car/track car. If not I can use some of the part for my self.
I will also offer a refund to the buyer if the car cannot be registered or titled to ensure that no problem occurs.

this sucks i wanted this pretty bad
but o well
good luck getting this whole ordeal worked out man

250 i dont care about the lien.
I’ll make a roundy round car out of it.

Wow, good price…Pretty clean. bump.

Don’t think this is the case. I talked to DMV and said you can’t register a car w/ a lein. Who knows though, the girls that work at DMV don’t know their head from their ass.

Also, if any of you know a NYS certified mechanic, ask them about a mechanic’s lein. It’s a pain in the ass process as well as time consuming, but could release the lein on the car. A couple things that are needed are an ad in the paper that has to run so long announcing an auction. Then there has to be a sealed bid auction. Then the mechanic has to get a sign off from the bank and the owner on the title. This isn’t the exact process but it’s a fairly accurate description. It is a pain in the ass and I did do it when I bought my last Mustang. I’m sure the bank would sign off on this if only $1300 is owed. Is this process worth the time and money for this car? Probably not, but if you have a hard on for Hondas, ask somebody you know if they have ever done this. More info can be found on the DMV website.

dude you want a roundy round car buy my cackord so i can buy this and enjoy 40 mpg’s

pm me if you want to work somethign out

Well i called hsbc but they wont release any information because i needed to be the original person on the title. anyways. i will get him to call the bank and find out the exact details. As of right now im at a stand still and Fggnfast i have heard of that too i;ll look into that. thank you for your advice.

found out more information, I called the collection agency and they said the file was closed Aug 2006…the owner also called hsbc and he has been getting the run around…hsbc is all automated so i gave him the direct phone number to hsbc downtown. so hopefully i will get a answer tonight.

as i told dave per PM last night you can go strait to the dmv. there system will show if the lien has been lifted or not. if there is no lien currently recorded on the vehicle the title will come back clear in your name

Ok i guess the orginial owner doesnt want to cooperate with me or anything so im gonna sell this car basically as it sit for $500 Cash the same amount i paid for it, I dont have anymore room for the car and my neighbor doesnt like 4 cars unregistered in my driveway. let me know thanks make it a track car/field car who knows. thanks.
$500!! Come get it!

my offer still stands for 250.

you paid $500…i thought the car was given to you