Good k20 Performance Brands

I am kicking around the idea of getting a catback and header for my 07 civic si, but as some of you know, im only really familiar with the DSM performance world. what are some good quality brands for honda, specifically that make stuff for the k20a? right now, i have an aem cold air intake, a hybrid connection (rip) sticker, and a dangly anti italian man body odor air freshener… those are my only mods.

all i know are names, and i have tried to research but the same names keep popping up with no definitive statements of quality vs cost, durability, etc.

thanks in advance for the help.

Uh-oh, down the path of modding…again.

I would stick to getting an exhaust from a reseller that does their own fabrication. This way you avoid the overpriced Apex-i, etc brands because of no middleman. Maybe there are places that don’t offer these and we were spoiled with the DSM stuff.

just get a cut out and set it up for when vtec kicks in y0

no, im not going crazy… i just want to open up the flow a little bit more…

you arent very helpful… see, you are a noob when it comes to modding shit besides dsms as well… :touchy:

dunno if they still use the “flat” intake mani’s on the 07 k20’s, but if they do, u can gain quite a bit by using an aftermarket IM…nice header, exhaust, and Kpro u can make like 240-260 wheel

i think the IM is called RBC

We’ll re-visit this statement next year…

I saw a really good header from Mugen featured in one of the mags on a time attack car, seemed to have good gains according to the dyno. I’ll have to flip through Modified and see if I can find it. Not sure on exhaust setups, haven’t really been paying attention to the new Civic.

thanks for the info rick… yeah, i really doubt i would go further than i/h/e.

perhaps that intake mani that toda posted as well (thanks for the info)… but that would be down the road.

i really have been enjoying this car in stock form (with the intake). i love everything about it… interior, exterior, wheels, performance, etc.

The absolute best header available for the K-series are made by Hytech. That is NOT debatable. They make all of them custom to your engine setup or you can buy 1 of 3 premade styles. At least for the Ep3, DC5, and older K-swapped Hondas.

Magnus, Buschur, RRE, Forced Performance,…um wait nm :stuck_out_tongue:

the one person that probably could point me in the right direction… YOU… and you failed me :smash2:

:rant:i will be calling you soon so we can have a sweet hot lunch/change my oil/shoot the shit date.

thanks for the info. much appreciated. any info on catback brands?

If your going to mod a new Civic SI be prepared to run an Engine Management system like K-pro to optimize your bolt on’s. I’ve seen great gains when doing just an intake/header/exhaust and then tuned with K-pro to set it off and get the most out of them.

Brands your looking to stay away from would be DC Sports as all they do is add noise. Look into Sigma Six Racing, DTR, Hytech, SMSP for a true header that will blow anything else out of the water. In reguards to an exhaust, spend the big money on the header and get a K-Teller exhaust made up for you then have it installed. Run a minimum of 2.5 inch with the K20 if you plan to make good power. For the intake, take your pick. Just dont go Egay style and kill your motor.

I’ve been into Hondas and tuning them for 8 years and have done alot of research on mods/tuning so you can trust what I say.

Nick.

thanks for the tips. i already have an aem cold air intake, which has worked well as far as i know. for what its worth, im not a noob when it comes to modding, i have built a dsm motor under the watchful eye and instruction of carnut… but i am not familiar with quality honda aftermarket brands.

I just got my feb/march 2008 honda tuning magazine in the mail, and on page 87 they did a hondata ecu reflash on an 06 civic si and gained 30hp!!! This was after an Aem intake and DC Sports header… car made 197.7 hp and 145tq but at 6k power jumped from 124hp to 155hp! And gained 27lb-ft.!!! Now with some ITR cams your talkin over 220whp! I want an k20 so bad!

im confused… im not sure i follow what you are saying with all of the power numbers… something got mixed up in there…

This hondata ecu reflash made 30hp! For $500 its a great investment much better than a $500 noisy exhaust that will make 5-10hp… Before the tune the car made 124hp at 6000rpm then after the hondata reflash it made 155hp at 6000rpm!

And Innovative deals with Hondata!

This is a very good point… it will cost about the same for a decent exhaust system alone.

gotcha… i follow now. i wonder what hondata does in terms of normal driving mpgs… i will have to ask mike.

thanks for the good info. :tup:

you will get better mpgs with a tune