Google buys YouTube

link

Google Buys YouTube for $1.65 Billion, Grabs Lead in Web Videos

By Jonathan Thaw

Oct. 9 (Bloomberg) – Google Inc., the most-used Internet search engine, agreed to buy YouTube Inc. for $1.65 billion, adding the largest video-sharing site on the Web and an audience that watches more than 100 million clips a day.

Founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen and their 65 employees will join the company, Google said today in a statement distributed by Business Wire. In less than two years, San Bruno, California-based YouTube has catapulted from startup to Internet icon with 34 million monthly U.S. visitors.

I think google is trying to be the wal-mart of the interweb

I could of swore I heard Mark Madden say that Mark Cuban bought YouTube. Guess I misheard, or Madden had one too many cheeseburgers that day.1

i hate mark madden

i agree wit him

that’s great!.. because we were all dying to know.

:bowrofl:

I thought google was funded by the government? Or was that how it started?

:rofl:

When is Google going to open their Pittsburgh office?

dunno… I applied for a position there a while back, never heard anything though.

I got a call from a guy from Google about 2 weeks ago regarding doing some keyword searchs and shit on there for my company. He gave me a number to call him back that was a (412) area code, so I think they may have already started here. Unless the person that called is working for another company on the behalf of Google, I dunno.

I sent in my resume also, 2 months later I got a big “sorry you suck look elsewhere” email lol

Also the most popular uploads to youtube, the people are getting paid. I wonder how long it will take until a lawsuit happens when someone else is claiming a video not thiers Hmmm.

Smaller Site like Dumpalink are where to find the really good vids.

its’ open! they are stocked up and hidden at a local university :slight_smile:

It’s CMU isn’t it?

Yeah. I saw Mark Cuban on C-Span the other day he was speaking about this. Cuban = The Man

ironically enough i was sent a recent opening that takes place there for software development / engineering… :slight_smile: