GOT FMIC?

[quote=“Viper966,post:19,topic:38228"”]

the ducting wouldnt make that much of a differance on a properly built front bumper acting as a duct though… he could have achieved the same thing with the FMIC fitting 100% into the bumper with some rubber gaskets where the two met…

his choice to make that sheet metal duct looks retarded and could have been achiceved otehrwise… its not a full blown dragster it looks like a “street” car

[/quote]

I do not agree that a bumper could act better than that duct, but i will say that he could have probably seen great results from something substantially less “extreme”

[quote=“newman,post:21,topic:38228"”]

I do not agree that a bumper could act better than that duct, but i will say that he could have probably seen great results from something substantially less “extreme”

[/quote]

well his “duct” doesnt seem to funnel, it just looks like an extensioun of the FMIc’s dimensions… if he was going that far with that thing he should have done some sort of funnell if you look at it… its alost a reverse funnel… the outer dimensions look smaller then the inner fmic

funnel would be worse

[quote=“Viper966,post:22,topic:38228"”]

well his “duct” doesnt seem to funnel, it just looks like an extensioun of the FMIc’s dimensions… if he was going that far with that thing he should have done some sort of funnell if you look at it… its alost a reverse funnel… the outer dimensions look smaller then the inner fmic

[/quote]

for some reason, i seem to remember reading that the best FMIC ducting was actually a reverse funnel… though i could be mistaken…

That’s actually not too far from me. Shame I’ve never seen it on the road, i’d prolly laugh so hard i’d crash.

[quote=“newman,post:24,topic:38228"”]

for some reason, i seem to remember reading that the best FMIC ducting was actually a reverse funnel… though i could be mistaken…

[/quote]

Johnny showed me something about this once. When we were trying to figure out my setup, it was discovered that you only need something like 50 - 60% of your IC showing. The rest just acts as a heatsink. 42r and 550 whp. What a jackass.

your mixing 2 things up.
the frontal area dosn’t need to be full area sized, because of the fins, and tubes taking space up.

heatsink? was somthing else?

Just spray liquid nitrogen/propane/co2 at your IC and freeze that fucker