Guitar choice

Sweet, tell us what you’re looking at Jeff. As for the multi-effects pedals, I disagree somewhat about their usefulness. If you are a play at the house kind of guitarist, the big multi-boards (Digitech RP series, Boss GT series) are amazing to fiddle with. SUre you may not use all the programs, but they are worth it for the distortion modeling alone…let alone the killer delays they offer. If you play live, they are useless…no one want to hunt for a specific program while playing live. The great thing about the modeling you can do, it is doesn’t matter what axe you’re slinging, you can model the distortion of your favorite player and make it sound amazing on your guitar.

I’ve got a Strat that I mess with when I’m feeling bluesy, but I modeled Van Halen’s 5150 cab so the distortion/delay/chorus setting sounds mind-blowing on the strat, but sounds like shit on the Jackson…I have several distortions I use to overcome the things I don’t like about whatever guitar I’m playing. I used to play Gibson guitars, but I always had a very difficult time modulating out the muddy lows and weak midrange Les/SG’s are known for.