halp diagnose an issue. vw guys chime in

oh. my. g:facepalmd.

that sucks bro… i’ve owned 3 mk2’s, and 2 b3 passats. i got one of the mk2’s for free (mexican jetta that needed a cyl. head.) did the head job in 2 hours, start to finish. i’ve worked on everything from mk1’s all the way up. friend of mine owned a rabbit vert, scirocco 2, 2 mk2 jettas, mk2 gti, and an mk4 jetta. the only one that he owns that lacks durability is the mk4 jetta. the cars i’ve owned have been extremely reliable for me. besides the mk2 with the gli that i owned for about a year and a half, beat the crap out of, drove it all winter on bald dunlop sp sports, the one b3 i owned was heavily modded (built motor, suspension, etc… and both never gave me a hiccup. these cars can be appreciated for they’re ease to work on, and for how affordable the parts can be had for. no vw i’ve ever owned has left me stranded.

MKIIs are my favorite, when i was younger i thought i would never drive anything else. They are just getting too old. However I wouldnt mind one with a VR swap someday.

BTW Ive had 1 Rabbit, 2 MKII jettas, 1MKII golf, 1 Scirocco, 1 MKIII golf, and the MKIV we just bought, its my wifes though, however i drive it alot. My scion is kind of beat right now because of poor shop choice in the past on my bodywork.

i still love 'rocco’s dude… such fun cars. my buddies was an '86.5, and for the times, the 16v PL with only minor work was a blast to drive.

hell yeah, there almost impossible to find in good shape nowadays

holy shit, i think i have met u b4. did u ever have a passat and drive down to waterfest with it with the cava crew? meet at new baltimore rest stop?

nah thats not me, i used to go to waterfest every year though, ive been to just about all of them, i used to cruise with a crew from Boston, and at the show i was always chillin at the Dubwerks tent. Id always stay at Hotel #1, when they used to have the official hotels, after that i just stayed wherever dubwerks ended up staying.

i met some dude with the same tattoo on his leg that had a passat back in the day. weird.