Hands down best sounding honda!

sounds like DOO KEY

the only Honda anything that sounds good is F1

just so you know, changing cranks without having the motor done is asking for problems. unmatched parts just bolted together will cause way more harmonics than you’ll have now.

i have looked into it its all over the ep forums i am on its not a problem revving past 9k with stock internals and the A2 crank

hey, if the interweb says its ok… :wink:

you have a k20a3 correct? whats different about the a2 crank that “allows” you to rev higher?

sounds good!

From not knowing

i would take a guess and say it has a smaller stroke…

a3 has an unbalanced crank
a2 does

hmmm why do i not believe that?

I dont beleive it either!!!

honda D series 1.5L are balanced perfect from the factory

i didnt belive it either…it pisses me off…the stock redline on my si (a3) is 6800…the rsx-s (a2) is 8000…its not cool

whats the stroke on both?

they are both 2.0’s, they have to be the same. The only difference I might believe is that one is cast and one is forged.

just like H’s,

H23a is cast, 6500 redline, spins bearings like its union.

H22 is forged, I spin my ferio 9500rpm + and it just wants more.

yeah thats it on the nose…a3 can only take 390whp on the crank the a2 im not sure

The h23 stroke is alot bigger then the h22…at least thhat is what i thought

very true;

h23 = 95mm stroke
h22 = 90.7mm stroke

but, remember honda has a JDM H23A vtec, blue top motor that spins 8k as well, its just a forged crank.

Forged=
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c181/vibratingcow/muscleman.jpg
Cast=

Are you sure about this?

I was under the impression that all honda cranks where forged, i bet the jdm h23a has massive rod bolts instead

I’ve had plenty of h’s apart and know that the h23 is cast and the h22 is forged. unfortunatly, all i have appart right now is an h23. I’d have to find out what the rod bolt sizes are, i dont know them offhand.

Sounds sick!