Happy (belated) B-day to QUAKE!!!

Yes… I’m that much of a nerd. Quake turned 10 yesterday, June 22. Released back in 1996, its staggering to think that its been ten years since it originally released.

As I stated before, I had many a sleepless night in college because of this game and its varients (CTF and Team Fortress being the preferred).

Here’s to you id Software, John Carmack and Quake! :bday: :beer2:

A little history of Quake
Wikipedia’s entry for Quake

NNNNNNIIIIIIAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! :headbang:

no f-ing way, its been 10 years?

I remember the first time I played quake, just walking around the first guy I killed like 100 times saying “how awesome is this, it looks different from every angle, its not just a flat .bmp image…”

I still try playing that online every once in a while.

I also remember that I beat it the first time without using the mouse, all keyboard…

Supernailgun FOR THE FUCKING WIN

Holy crap! :bday:

SNG was the best gun ever. :tup:

Nothing like a game that helped a guy have a F-40 and im sure an enzo by now as a DD to work.

The House of Chton was the shit for online play.

quake was the shit.

http://frikqcc.quakesrc.org/files/shambler.gif

fun things to do. Stand behind zombies after you piss off a shambler, the shambler will hit you with lightning, but also hit the zombies instead,this makes the zombies attack the shambler. Problem is, the zombies wont die unless you blow them up. Usually the shambler ends up dying .

http://frikqcc.quakesrc.org/files/fiend.gif you can do the same thing with the fiends, but its usually funnier because the fiends bounce

SNG was called the Perforator

uber nerd post of them all andy, you just wished happy bday to a VIDEO GAME! :stuck_out_tongue:

YEAH??? Well… well… Get your FD tuned!!! :stuck_out_tongue: (I’ve got nothing)
And you have to realize Jay, if Quake hadn’t come around, we don’t know where the FPS genre would be right now. Although Doom and Wolfenstein had already wow’d people, Quake was an evolutionary jump for FPS games.

One of my fondest memories was a huge deathmatch game that me and a bunch of friends in college played. It was something like 8 hours on DM6. We were all drinking the entire time. By the end, we were just running around axes slashing at eachother. I know I feel off my car a few times that night because I was laughing too hard.

quake III arena = ownage