Heads Up! Gymkhana 9 HERE! Ken Block in Buffalo [Tues 9/13/16 Release]

Really curious how this all developed to be filmed in buffalo of all places.

Do the math. Car on the lift bridge doing donuts in the raised position.

Guessing a combination of Buffalo’s resurgence, production values of our cool old industrial waterfront setting and the NYS film tax credits.

http://www.wgrz.com/entertainment/report-ny-spends-biggest-on-film-tax-breaks/304944911

I’m surprised not a single news outlet picked up on this. It’s not exactly subtle when you’re shutting down streets and moving F150’s around dangling under a helicopter.

Dont the lift bridges have steel decks?

I hope not.

Humm, where is a city with lots of abandoned structures and roads we can close and not actually disrupt traffic? :stuck_out_tongue: it is pretty cool. That bridge deck is deff steel decking.

Are you talking about the crossing at Shadagee?
If that’s the new bridge in South Buffalo I;m shocked they let them rip that thing up already.

Money can make someone do a lot of things… hahaha

No the crossing of sunset and depot in eden.

prettu much all of the above. I talked with the production crew at 2 locations. The Central Terminal shoot was sweet.
The media was told to be silent about the taping to try and keep spectators to a minimum. The only ones that screwed up was the Buffalo News

welp then, i thought it was the bridge by the swannie house

:tup: Not surprised the Buffalo Snooze messed up.

digging the new raptor…

ok guys … september 13 is the tentative release date for the video

Wow, I figured it would take longer than that. :tup:

drove by the terminal yesterday on an errand and saw all the rubber on the roundabout. Sweet.

+1 I can’t imagine editing all that in only a few weeks, but I never really got paid to do it, lol.

Ive got some talented friends in this world. They make a shitload and often just burn through projects like these in bender fashion with very little sleep and or contact with the outside world. Feast or famine. The Hoonigan guys are raking it in hand over foot.