Hello! New here! Old guy back in the game!

welcome

happy to see a noob with some passion

Many thanks to PurpleMongoose, fah_quad, traydogg6969, tegSimple,VictorSmalls and all for kind welcomes.

DD is 99 Gran Prix GT. Weekend warrior is N/A 88 Fox Body LX notch with lots of trick parts front to back and top to bottom. Too bad though that engine will have to be nursed thru this season. I don’t know if it will make it or not- it’s a long story- please don’t ask about this part, I don’t want to think about it… Just want to put it behind me and not worry about it this year.

Will be looking on PittSpeed to find parts and shops/individuals who KNOW the hipo USA V8 thing and WANT to work on this stuff. And make friends and lend a helping hand as time permits. Grew up on everything from MGB, Alfa Spider, Austin Healey 3000, AH Midget, 59 Porsche autocross car, Triumph TR3 to BB Chevelles, 271/289 Mustang, 409 63 Impala. I know I forgot some. Did most of the work myself back then. Was in high school when Detroit was putting out all that muscle stuff. When this stuff gets in your blood it stays. May be dormant for a while, but it always comes back.

Stupid Stuff: I passed on buying my boss’s mint Lime Green 20Kmi '70 RoadRunner 426 Hemi 4 sp for $2500 in 1976. But so did my buddy too, he offered him $2250. I bought a Volvo … It haunts me to this day.

Would like to take the Fox Body to 10-11 sec level N/A. Not looking for a show car, just needs to look good. Might take a few years to get it there. A little luck and lots of $$ … My garage setup isn’t such that I can leave stuff laying about, and my wife isn’t going to put up with this anyway. Will have to count on others for advice and know how. At 59 (big 60 in 4 mo) my tools are missing and my back hurts, but I still have some game left.

notchfox

Welcome, always nice to get someone new around my age.

I passed on a 1970 Cuda 440 and a 1973 Duster 340 back in the day, so don’t feel bad. No one could have ever imagined what those cars would be worth today.

Welcome

Welcome. There is eveything from 9 second street cars to my little turbo four banger on PittSpeed.

About that Hemi- He actually told me to take the car home for the weekend, see if you want it. I did take it home, but I was (still am) trustworthy and respectful of other’s property. Did put it thru it’s paces, climb mountains in a single bound you know. But fast cars were a dime a dozen then. Insurance rates were killin them off. Can you imagine loaning out your mint Hemi today? Whoa, I think not.

Thanks fellas. When I get this notch going good I’ll be out huntin’.

I understand that thru the '60s & early '70s there was some bad ass street cars, but in all reality, you can have the fastest, meanest factory built 60’s or 70’s street car, and still get your ass handed to you by someone in a Y2K or newer factory built muscle car (be it a Z06, Mustang Cobra, LS1 Fbucket, etc). Plus the new muscle usually has A/C, heat, radio, power gadgets, and gets 20mpg or better.

Even applying today’s technology to old skool motors/cars makes waaaay more power than they did in their heyday.

Not to offend you in anyway, but the current times are the true muscle times. The difference is it costs much more today, but so much more power can be made more easily.

Oh no, not offended at all- I’m in complete agreement. I see some of the numbers on these cars today, dumbstruck I am. That’s why I hope to get to at least 11’s just to keep up. But I in awe too way back then when Hemi’s and 427 Cobras/Corvettes ruled Woodward Ave. Crude and rude. Never forget my first ride in a 65 Goat with trips, and then one of the best sleepers of all time- the 66 350/327 Nova. It’s all relative. Fun then, more fun today.

notchfox

welcome

welcome

Please join us in our other forums!