Help on a Quick Weld Repair! Anyone?!

Replacing the window regulator motor in my 325i…

Found a cracked portion in the regulator, it’s literally an inch long.

If anyone has a welder ready and can just do a quick repair on it, I’d really appreciate it. Will throw in $5 for the 1 minute of work it will take.

If you could help tonight would be awesome as I am going on a trip tomorrow and looking to re-install the window reg before then!!

I will bring the part with me and can stop by at your place after 8:30 PM or so.

If you can help and are within 10-15 mi. from Latham, hit me up anytime tonight until 11 PM, thanks!!

See the part below:

CLIFFS

Weld 1" of metal for me tonight, 30 sec - 1 minute of work
Get $5
Profit…

Go get some JB Weld. Straight up.

Great suggestion! Thanks… Think it’ll be strong enough? That part of the reg seems to be under a LOT of stress when pushing up on the window…

It’ll probably crack right off the second the regulator flexes now that I think about it, but it’ll last long enough to get your window up.

I think I’ll try and get someone to weld it, I don’t want to have to pull off the panels to do regs again if that should happen… Supposedly tensile strength is 3960 psi for JB though, pretty strong, but in a sudden impact with plenty of momentum it could well give.

Edit, lap shear strength is even lower, 1040 psi… Hmmmm, I’ll hold out for welding maybe…

I wouldn’t go as far as to say 30second to 1 minute of work, but yeah close enough(gotta remove the galvanized coating first to do it right) Maybe 3 minutes :lol

I’d do it for you if I was going to be around tonight…

i’m home. as long as it’s steel i can do it for you. bring it on up bud.

Thanks bud, will head over… Appreciate the help.

not a problem. i miss being out in the shop!

that shit sucked to weld. :retardclap

fixed it for myself. :rofl:rofl

JB WELD? you must get some goood weed man

Whatever man, I woulda blown up my apt trying to turn on the welder if I had one.

When its 70 out, cool and sunny, and I am pimping it on Central Ave, leaning hard, mean mugging, windows down hollering at some plus size womens “can I get a…”

I WILL remember the hot a$$ welding holding the regulator down!! Hahah

Thanks again…