help with 98 camaro turnsignal switch

to make a long story short, i tried replacing my turn signal lever and all of the directions said that it twisted and came out, well after twisting it every which way for 30min i tried pulling on it a little bit and it popped out… well i broke something and inside the hole that the lever goes in to there is a piece of metal that is blocking the new one from going in…

anyone know if i can somehow fix this without removing the steering wheel?

if i took it to one of you guys, how much you charge me to fix it? I cant afford to take it to a dealer, and i dont like messing around with the airbags, i will rig up some type of switch to get the wipers/ everything to work before i pay a dealer out my ass to fix it

thanks guys :hs:

Give Us a Call, we can handle that job

JJ’s Automotive
724-547-2959

thanks, im going to try and do the job myself because after looking everything over it seems fairly simple, and i dont think i have enough money to pay someone to do it at this point. it looks like im going to have to take the steering wheel out because i need to take that cover plate off to get to the piece i need.

I see you guys close at 1 tomorrow, do you have the piece i need? From looking at it, it controls the turn signals and the high beams, and the lever plugs into it.

I will see how everything goes and i will probably end up giving you guys a call tomorrow, how much do you guys want for the piece if i need it?

once again, thanks, i will try to think of anything else i might need also.

yup,we have it!

question, is the turn signal switch what i need?

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=ECHDL6209_0226096789&An=599001+101998+50012+2012008#

or is that a different piece?

edit* and sorry, but it has been snowing here all day and i have no windshield wipers now, so i cant drive anywhere, and i havent found anybody wiling to drive me down there

link didnt work… but this is a pic of the Turn Signal Lever

or do you need where that goes into

i need what it goes into

this is what i was trying to post:

^^ that is what the older '60’s GM cars look like. If you want to try to install one of those in your Camaro, I have one :smiley:

JJs has what you need without question.

sorry bud thats not it

can you please give me a price?

i need what i believe is called the pivot and pulse switch

we can ship it for for you too if that would help

25.00 - picked up
30.00 - shipped

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Chevrolet/Camaro/AC_Delco/Wiper_Switch/1998/Z28/8_Cyl_5-dot-7L/ACD6312D.html?tlc=Auto+Body+Parts+%26+Mirrors

thanks, do you also have a horn switch by chance?

when i took the airbag off i found that my horn switch was busted, and it looks like this isnt the first time the airbag has been off the car… its the right switch (clear plastic piece)

should

how much do you want for it?

do you think you can ship that stuff out today?

hey, sorry for not getting back to you guys, i have been installing windows 7 and havent had time to come here

anyways, thanks for the parts, you guys are life savers, jjs auto is awesome

Your Welcome…let us know if you need anything else