Honda Civic Bumper Question

I have a 99 civic ex and I want to make a custom exhaust but I’m not a fan of the fart cans so I want to use a muffler I found laying around my house…anyways i want to make it so it is side exit but on my rear bumper there is a little notch for the exhaust…does anyone know any interchangeable honda rear bumpers that do not have the notch that will fit on my car?

Thanks

sorry bro, no such luck with interchangable bumpers. you could always just take it to a body shop and have done the way you want.

or you could spend the money on a decent exhaust that actually makes power instead of noise

or if ur cheap/broke, you could use a stock Si or GSR rear section

or you could not just piece together an exhaust utilizing a muffler you “found laying around” your house, meanwhile “fabbing up” your exhaust out of hacksawed u-bends and straight sections from autozone, held together with JB Weld from k-mart

but hey man, different strokes

Find a used ITR axleback and be done with it. OEM look, no noise

If you’re doing side exit you are going to have a bitch of a time getting a muffler to fit. A muffler “laying around your house” is probably not going to work out for you.

If you do make a side exit you can just put an OE style lip on the back:

actually my dad is a welder and i have welded a couple items in my day…not saying i’m any good at welding i’m just saying i wouldn’t be using jb weld on it…and the muffler that I “found laying around” (not sure why everyone is using " " on that but ok)…is a flowmaster super 44…i already have a high flow cat…so i think it would be pretty different/nice to have header to high flow cat then muffler right after where my shifter connects to the linkage (so muffler does not interfere with shifting) then from there having a custom made tailpipe going out right in front of the wheel…basically i am just looking for something not like everyone else (except for poisonous beef)

and the bumper i have is stock…the 99’s came like that

ok. first of all, im not trying to knock/flame you here bud. i like to see people trying to be origional, but to an extent.

secondly, the " " is because people(myself included) are quoting what you had said, about a muffler laying around your house. hey, not everybody is an english major(again, myself included).

finally, and this may really sound like a sarcasm, but have you ever actually looked under your car?

if so, i should’nt have to explain any further.

if not, its flat, aside from the exhaust tunnel. there is no place to dump a pipe out the side, let alone fit a muffler before the axle. even if you had a place to fit the muffler, or didnt use a muffler at all, you would still lose at least 2½" of ground clearance from the dump running below the floor pan out the side.

while it might be cool to be unique, unique is not always a good idea.

my suggestion: find yourself a stock Si/GSR/ITR or Apex’i WS2 rear section, have a muffler shop make you a b-pipe and weld a resonator in it. be origional by being quiet, and stock-appearing, yet still producing power.

thanks for the comments about the exhaust…but the question was about the bumper…i already started making the exhaust and it should be done pretty soon. The ground clearance really isn’t an issue because the muffler i am using is not a canister style and is about 3 inches thick. But again I wasn’t asking about tips on the exhaust I was asking about the rear bumper.

Thanks though

ok. buy an OEM rear lip then

oem rear lips for a 99-00 civic ex HAVE THE NOTCH IN THEM…i said that a few times.

oh i didnt think the type r was different between coupe/sedan and hatchback. i mean i knew the size was different, didnt know style was different.

i dunno man

I put the " " around the muffler because when someone says they found a muffler lying around, it made me think you found the exhaust from Grandma’s 87 Reliant in your attic or something. :ugh2:

Sorry I wasn’t more clear about the lip. Regular OEM lips have the notch. If you look at Type R lips I believe you will find the straight lip you are looking for. Hope that helps and good luck with the side exit.