honda people please

i went over to the dark side. i bought a clean 89 accord dx 2 door to play with. being a camaro guy my favorite web site is ls1tech. what are some good accord websites preferbly with older models? i have a million questions like late model, common engine swaps, rims sizes etc. thanks for any help.

honda-tech.com is gonna be your best bet with the most valid info.

PM JDMjunkie.

He’s the accord guy around here lol.

cb7tuner.com or some shit is a good one for accords

THATS IT

I knew it was cb7 something.

accordinglydone.com

oh god :smiley: more hondas?

i wish i would have kept my cb7 coupe, I fucking loved it

but yea check out cb7tuner and hondatech, and let me know if you want to sell the car too :slight_smile:

3geez.com, they are the only site that knows anything about pre 1990 accords, i know, i own one, and know alot about them. There is only 1 engine swap for 86-89 accords that drops in with very minimal fuss and its a jdm/edm only B20a, 140tq 160hp non veeetak. They are expensive and hard to come by, plus the you need the tranny for the B20a also, and parts are hard as hell to find, besides this its a great motor. Anything else will be a whore to install and you will need custom mounts/axles/shifter blah blah blah. Youre best off converting to FI and boosting it, as the a20 is not particularly strong NA but is pretty bulletproof for low-med boost levels. Come to think of it i do have alot of stock FI parts around… some distributors too. As for transmissions, youd probably be best off with a 86-89 lxi or 85-87 lude SI transmission, the lxi transmission has a shorter final drive than your dx trans and the Lude si has the same final drive as the lxi trans but shorter 3rd 4th and 5th gears. If you have an auto, a 5sp swap isnt that hard. Also, you can upgrade brakes in the front (front from 88-89 lxi/sei) and rear (rears discs from 89 sei) but for both you need the calipers/discs and knuckles/trailing arms. Not terrible hard to install but takes time. Also LXi/Sei swaybars front and rear are an upgrade from your dx one, the dx also has no rear swaybar. Heh, i could go on a bit on the differences/swaps/upgrades but you get the picture, or pm me lol

yeah guys…an 89 accord isnt a cb7…90-93 is the cb7…gawd i miss mine

You went from a LS1 camaro to a 89 accord…I know I suggested no making fun of n00bs but :picard:

Why?

you got the wrong car for trying to get into hondas

:word:

he didnt say he got rid of his f bod. And honda tech is worthless, especially for 3g accord info.

www.3geez.com
Edit: just saw lxiflyby’s post

lol nice but good luck

i have a cb7. fuckign awesome most reliable pos EVAR

i want to build a cb7 coupe. theres just something about them… they look dope as shit

Hondas are just far better out of the hole. From what ive heard at least. lol

why can u only use the JDM/EDM B20a/B21xx, cant use the USDM version out of the early preludes?

man I miss my CB7 too :frowning:

anyone know of a cb7 coupe around here for sale? i want one like now lol