Hotties will be an endangered species by 2015

:tif: for an average 5’9 guy i gotta think 175 is more normal/healthy than 125…

none of you actually click on links before youtry to whine about them.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/bmi_tbl.htm

THIS IS THE NATIONAL HEALTH STANDARD PEOPLE. GWII SAYS SO.

:mamoru:

There are other types? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I am obese,bahaha

genetics, disorders, etc.

When my cat got neutered, he got really fat.

I don’t blame him.

Genetics = Worst fucking cop-out for fat fucks too blind to see the reality of their own existance IMO

Unless you have some bizarre medical condition that slows your metabilism down to absolute-zero levels, I don’t buy that excuse. And those disorders are rare…

:heart:

i like em real thick an juicy.

according to that chart my “BMI” is on the edge of healthy weight, another 8 lbs and i become overweight :lol:

125 being the start of healthy? That sounds sickly at that height, 125 is 5’4" junior high territory. That chart seems way off for an adult male. Im about that height, and I came into high school at a very thin 170. The healthiest weight I have been was 190-200.
Do they take into account different builds or just rock out that one chart?

It’s a general guideline that takes into consideration a wide variety of body types.

Of course it doesn’t work for everyone, and with any general guideline, there are going to be exceptions. But for the general public, it works as a good guideline.

Only other way to know is a body composition test.

ugh.

. Body Mass Index (BMI)

BMI is a reliable indicator of total body fat, which is related to the risk of disease and death. The score is valid for both men and women but it does have some limits. The limits are:

* It may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build.
* It may underestimate body fat in older persons and others who have lost muscle mass.

Use the BMI calculator or tables to estimate your total body fat. The BMI score means the following:
BMI
Underweight Below 18.5
Normal 18.5 - 24.9
Overweight 25.0 - 29.9
Obesity 30.0 and Above

1. Waist Circumference

Determine your waist circumference by placing a measuring tape snugly around your waist. It is a good indicator of your abdominal fat which is another predictor of your risk for developing risk factors for heart disease and other diseases. This risk increases with a waist measurement of over 40 inches in men and over 35 inches in women

The table, Risks of Obesity-Associated Diseases by BMI and Waist Circumference, provides you with an idea of whether your BMI combined with your waist circumference increases your risk for developing obesity associated diseases or conditions.

I know it has to be general, but it doesnt even seem remotely close. I cant picture a healthy adult male looking me eye to eye that weighs 125lbs. Hell even jeeves would be considered borderline overweight according to this chart :lol:

lol… yea.

and

5’4 ranges from 110# (BMI 19) to 145# (BMI 25).

I’ve got a buddy who is around 5’9" and he sits at only around 130-140lbs. He is healthy. Very lean, but not starving and not weak by any means…

looks like a BMI of 25 is the start of overweight. at 5’11 180lbs i am considered overweight :bloated:

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/fit.nation/obesity.map/

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/adult_BMI/english_bmi_calculator/bmi_calculator.htm

According to that, 6’ 3" and 210 is Obese.

The only real way to check it for anyone who is active is body fat percentage.