OMG Fat People

I think it’s a lot like being obese…Some people have very good explanations… real medical conditions, chemical imbalances, or just plain bad genetics in that department, and it really isn’t their fault, and others are just mentally weak and give up on themselves.

Being fat is 100% mental. Anyone who says otherwise is likely fat and lazy. Eat less, be more active, and lose weight. It’s easy, consume less than you are able to burn and you will lose weight. Eat more than you are able to ever burn off and you will gain weight. Some are delt a shitty hand by fat parents starting them out with eating too much and getting them fat before they can help it, but even then if you don’t make excuses you can and will lose weight. Nobody is stuck being fat unless they have no arms/legs.

I get the feeling this about to end badly for you

Why? You think a bunch of fat people are going to get mad and send me an angry message? If it keeps them away from the microwave for a few minutes while they type it may do the world a favor. Just hope they can keep their heart rate down, don’t want any heart attacks. Those who are overweight and helping themsleves know that it’s true and are not offended by what I have to say I’m sure.

According to the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute

Health Conditions

Some hormone problems may cause overweight and obesity, such as underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), Cushing’s syndrome, and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).

Underactive thyroid is a condition in which the thyroid gland doesn’t make enough thyroid hormone. Lack of thyroid hormone will slow down your metabolism and cause weight gain. You’ll also feel tired and weak.

Cushing’s syndrome is a condition in which the body’s adrenal glands make too much of the hormone cortisol. Cushing’s syndrome also can develop if a person takes high doses of certain medicines, such as prednisone, for long periods.

People who have Cushing’s syndrome gain weight, have upper-body obesity, a rounded face, fat around the neck, and thin arms and legs.

PCOS is a condition that affects about 5–10 percent of women of childbearing age. Women who have PCOS often are obese, have excess hair growth, and have reproductive problems and other health issues due to high levels of hormones called androgens.

Medicines

Certain medicines may cause you to gain weight. These medicines include some corticosteroids, antidepressants, and seizure medicines.

These medicines can slow the rate at which your body burns calories, increase your appetite, or cause your body to hold on to extra water. All of these factors can lead to weight gain.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/obe/obe_causes.html

If I recall correctly, people on this forum and even posting in this thread suffer from some of the LEGITIMATE causes of overweight/obesity.

What it comes down to is that you are just another ignorant douche who feels the need to spout his mouth off on subjects that he obviously doesn’t know dick shit about.

:picard: I should do a pwn here but it’s too much effort. boardjnky has the right idea. Hopefully karma picks up the slack for me and gives you a metabolism crash someday. It brings me a ton of satisfaction to see some of these attitudes from high school packing on the pounds.

LMAO! I know, I see all the people from HS on FB pictures and I’m just like whoa… life did not treat you well in the weight category. I mean I could use to loose about 20lbs, but I carry it well (6’3, 215#). Most of these people are just OBESE.

I bet its easier said than done.
First off as a kid, you eat when your hungry. What mother or father will deny their baby milk or food and just let them cry? They eat when they are hungry just like anyone else. I have never seen parents force food down their babies mouths. So explain how parents start off their kids with eating to much. Second, it is really easy to have a good metabolism and be able to eat what you want and then turn around and call someone fat when they have to work 10x harder than you to not become to fat.

I gained about 30lbs since High School. Back in about March I was tired of the extra weight, a few small changes in the way I was eating along with a little more activity and I lost 31lbs. Now I’m back to the weight I was when I was 18. Also my mother has an underactive thyroid, so I would guess at some point I may end up with the same health issue. Funny thing is my mother is not fat at all, she had gained some weight in the past winter, and was able to lose 27lbs in the past few months. According to you two she must have some gift that allows her to defy medical science? NO, if someone wants to lose weight they will, and if they are lazy they will make up a fun reason as to why they can’t.

So because you were able to lose weight, everyone is able to?

I have one of the less severe medical conditions of the bunch and my equilibrium number is 1200 calories a day, with an hour of cardio 3 days a week and moderately active lifestyle. It’s widely acknowledged that it takes a 3500 calorie deficit to lose a pound. That puts me at 700 calories a day to achieve a normal 1lb/week weight loss. Do you know how much 700 calories is spread out over a day? And some people have it a lot worse than I do. If your mom really does have that she’s lucky as hell that it must be a very mild case. Yet there are super-skinny dudes that put down 5000 cal a day and don’t gain weight.

lol @ that jpg!!

So it’s harder for you, but you know what it takes and choose not to do it?

Yes, it takes not having enough energy to get out of bed and function properly at work. Also eroding lean body mass and creating all kinds of potential deficiencies from semi-starvation.
I’m lazy :bigtup:

700 calories a day is barely possible, and even at that rate, you’re only losing 1 pound per week. That means it would take 1 year to lose ~50 pounds. Factor in vacations and holidays when you absolutely cannot stick to your diet and you’re easily down to 40 pounds/year.

F That

I really do feel for ya Joe, I lost 10 pounds this month and it still doesn’t feel like much of an accomplishment.

Fucking A, now it’s a weight loss debate?

:picard:

My situation actually may be improving, got my doctor to schedule an HGH test in hopes I can score low enough to force my insurance company to ante up to put me back on. If so, it will be weight room and mass protein time :tup:
Keep up the good work.

And now back to your regularly scheduled messages: Offing yourself.

So understanding that it is harder for you, I bet if you still ate what you eat but started running 45min a day you could make a big difference. And knowing that you can loose weight, just not at the rate most do, have you done anything to help it? Have you lost or gained weight in the past 5 years? If you took it slow and lost 10lbs a year you could be down 50lbs by now. I’m not sure how overweight you are. I don’t think I have seen you in about 4-5 years.

Probably spawned into that due to the fact that some people think it’s easy to be perfect human beings. Seems as if some people have a pre-conceived notions on certain topics that they don’t understand, and instead of trying to educate themselves, they argue facts with opinions.

Justin attacked the notion that weight gain can be caused by medical conditions beyond a person’s control. I felt that deserved a response since it hinges from the same sort of mindset that mental disorders aren’t real. I bet these are the same people that would argue that addictions are not a disease and that they are easy to overcome.

One missing factor in the weight loss convo is the building of lean muscle. People that just seek to cut calories are starving muscles, muscle is metabolic and required to burn fat. If you cut calories down super far you starve muscle and on top of that you cause your body to go into panic mode where it stores nutrients as fat. It’s like a rubic’s cube where you can’t move one piece without being cognizant of the bigger picture.

Too many focus on weight loss instead of body composition morphing.

JMHO

If someone lives an average daily life with no fears of having to watch what they eat or really exercise because they stay lean, wouldn’t that make them just as lazy as someone who has to work towards staying lean but doesn’t?