How to get rid of unneeded topsoil

So the previous owner of my home had a garden, unfortunatley it hadn’t been worked on in years so now all that is left is an area full of chives (if there’s one thing I hate the most, it’d be the smell of onions). These things will not go away unless I take out about a foot of topsoil. I tried the lawn bags but I can only put a few shovel fulls of dirt into it before it weighs a ton so if I go that route I’m looking at needing about 100 lawn bags by the time I’m finished.

Does anyone know of a place or somebody that will take this topsoil? I don’t mind shoveling it out and wheelbarrowing it to a trailer or anything like that.

:loopie:

Put it in the craigslist free section. People will take anything. Leave in in a pile on the curb and I guarantee someone will take it.

thats a good idea, I just posted it on there. Any other suggestions, friends that need this.

Most new-build construction sites are more than willing to take some fill. However, you would most likely have to bring it to the site.

If you can get it to my house in hamburg we will take it. We are all out of trailers right now, but if you can fill 5 gallon buckets with the stuff I might be able to take my dad’s truck to get them, or at least help you fill them. Let me know.

ill take 2nd dibs , cheektowaga area

I’m in cheektowaga, and I have absolutely no means of getting this dirt to anyones house or building site. I will, however, help shovel or wheelbarrow it to your truck or trailer, or help put it into 5 gallon buckets (if you supply them) this weekend. Just PM me if you’re serious about coming by.

Have a phone number? My buddy is in cheektowaga, and needs some. Will pick up…

Hope you didn’t list a phone number and setup a disposable email address like freedirt716716@hotmail.com. When you list something on craigslist for free the real idiots come out of the woodwork.

“can you deliver it”
“how many rocks are in it”
“what color is it”
“how much do you think it weighs”
“I really need this to help my sick kid, but have no car, can you bring it to me”

And shit will go on for months after the dirt is gone.

Where are you located? I have a tractor and dump truck and I’m always looking for dirt.

LOL I know, I had about 30 e-mails in about 5 hours. I replied to the first few and one of them is coming by to get the dirt on Thursday. eesti, I’m in Cheektowaga, if she doesn’t stop by on Thursday I’ll let you know.

Sounds good.

Wasn’t somebody in Cheektavegas just looking for topsoil?

eesti… this lady just backed out at the last minute so it’s yours if you want it. Let me know when you can come by.

Can you give me an idea of how much we are talking about? How big is the area? I can come by this weekend. Are we talking 10’x10’, or 20’ x 100’?..

more like a 10x10 area, maybe a little bigger and I’m digging out about a foot and a half of dirt. This weekend would be fine, I’m free Saturday until around 4 or 5 (bachelor party) and then free all day Sunday.