How to verify lien/carfax

Looking at buying a car but the title has a lien on it and the owner is saying it was his deceased uncles car and the lien has been paid for years, he does not have a lien release.
I walked away
Now I am trying to verify lien status myself but the DMV lien/title site appears to not be working (I was going to get current DMV info/bank info off of here)
Also I am looking to get a carfax run if anyone can help
The car is priced right and I would love to buy it but until I know theres not a cent owned that isn’t going to happen
VIN is 2g1fp22g0w2101082

thanks!

PM’ed

Contact the bank and get one.

Find out what bank has the Lein and call them ask for them to fax the Lein release to you or the seller.

Carfax does not show if a lien has been removed. You could guess based off of when the last owner bought the car, but it won’t tell you specifically that a lien has been satisfied.

This happened to me once. I called, the bank verified the loan had been paid in full. I registered the car that day, title was still branded with a lien, had them mail me the lien release, when I sold the car I gave the release to the new owner to clean the title when he transfered it. That worked well for me