hydraulic roller lifters

can i run these on a non-roller block? 1977 chevy 350 block. was wondering if there is a retrofit kit or something.

yeah they make retro fit hydrolic roller lifters for non roller blocks. summit/jegs has them

ok cool. ill probably get those.

good idea but expensive

what i save instead of going 383 for now, ill upgrade some other stuff. uncle had a set of flat top .030 pistons, so im just using them after machine work.

what about a good set of valve springs for the 268H cam? im looking for new ones.

i have a new set here with retainers and locks. 30 bucks.

better than stock?

and can i run my cam with the roller lifters?

better than stock yes i believe they are good to atleast .510 lift. or maybe it was .540,

. roller lifters with a hydro cam? it would work but not worth it.

spend the money on roller rockers instead and keep the hyraulic cam and lifters.

.540 I would think you would need to run a retro fit cam as well,

what ratio 1.5 or 1.6? roller tip stud mount right?

if you are gonna use the cam from me with stock vortec heads, then you must use 1.5 rockers for 3/8 studs lift would be .477/.480. if you get modded vortecs, then you could do the 1.6 rockers which would make the cam liftright around .507/.510

stock 350 heads

vortecs?

no, the ones that came on the engine

you could use 1.6 on them, but why did you change your mind on the vortecs? those heads need freshened up, valve seals were leaking. you said you were using vortecs and didn’t need heads, so those were freebies cause i didn’t feel like taking them offf.

i have to see how much it will be to do my machine work. then i will decide on heads. i did notice one cylinder is black and the plug was covered in oil.

roller cams are better in general cause for one, they make better power and they last longer as rollers have less wear on the cam.

they can have big lift and smaller durations. or you can have both big duration and big lift… or even big duration and smaller lift lobes. the ramp rates on those lobes can be very steep and make better power over regular hydraulic lifters. you can custom grind these cams to fit any motor need. all depends on your setup what you want to run.

no shit

lol just playin captain obvious. rollers kick ass