I need some software (keyboard emulation sortof)

ok, I’ll give the person who can find this for me $10.00 lol

I looked and looked and have yet to find a damn thing. I have a 3D input device for my home PC called a Spaceball (spaceball 3003 FLX to be exact). It has a serial input opposed to USB.

I have the drivers and everything for it but I wanted to use it for more than just CAD programs and photoshop. This brings me to my question… can anyone find some sort of program that will let me map the axis’s for the space ball to keyboard keys? Sort of like the way “joy2key” works with mapping keyboard/mouse functions to a joystick?

I figured I might be able to use “joy2key” to do it, but it doesnt recognize it as a joystick.

any ideas?

The spaceball drivers are full configurable as is. Download the 3Dconexion software.

well, I have the software from 3dconexion but the newest version doesnt work with my spaceball (they want you to upgrade to the newest version which is $$$). When I go into the configuration menu (from the taskbar) the only buttons I can configure are the 2 buttons on the side of the thing. It wont let me remap the axis(s)