IM CALLING YOU OUT FIREHAWK853!!!

yeah but those rivalries actually ended in races…from what i remember, one was actually a legit cash race too…

Just cage it, cages are badass. If your gonna be as stupid fast as it sounds and even faster the following season your just limiting yourself to a ‘street only’ car if you don’t. Do a good job and tuck the bar to keep a semi-sleeper affect like i did on mine, most pictures you cant even tell i have a bar in my car.

You can bet NYI is going to be strict with Vito now taking over the track, incase you dont know he is the chassis inspector for IHRA/NHRA in this area so your not gonna squeeze by with BS. If you plan on 9’s are faster you better have a 10pt with a window net, driveshaft loop, tranny shield, flywheel/flexplate shield, etc. If you wanna go fast you have to make sacrifices.

Mike

i’d say there is more driving skill required for managing a high hp (750+whp) m6 car in the street than pushing the gas pedal on an automatic car at a prepped track for a heads up race. bracket racing is a different story, but totally irrelevant

I think this thread should be settled at the go cart track.

LOL good idea, at what times do you need a ten point, and a net and crap? thats a real bummer, I thought I could get away with a 6 point cage, are nhra and ihra the same safety rules? im going to have to get on this stuff soon because I want to be at the track whenever my schedule allows this year

thats gounds for a serious skull fucking… you NEVER touch someone elses car…

11.49 and quicker you need a roll bar - minimun 6 point

9.99 and quicker you need a roll cage - minimum 10 point

[/quote]

Depending on if you plan on racing on a weekly basis, or if your just gonna go screw around on test and tune nights you can bend the rules to a point. If you come on a friday night where we bracket race under IHRA rules they may not even let you run if you dont pass tech inspection.

If you put a 6point in the car and you just go on a test and tune day, track rental or ametuer night for example, and you run high 9s? i’m guess they wont bother you, maybe just a warning. If you are running mid 9s or faster i’d expect them to boot you. Its for your own safety, going fast ain’t cheap! If it were me i’d build it for the rules if you wanna race period, your choice.

just put a cage in it mr street car every one is doing it its the new thing to do
ill race want to race ?

^^^lol…nice, “run on sentance” against “run on sentance”

thats gounds for a serious skull fucking… you NEVER touch someone elses car…

I was thinking the same thing…who the fuck unplugs something on someone elses RUNNING car…retarded.

I never questioned turbo about what THIS DOES, its a friggen MAF I think I might be familiar with what those are, do you people have nothing better to do than to make crap up? he told me he was running in SD, if that were the case the MAF should have had nothing to do with how the car was running, im not saying that gave me the right to unplug it, but I did, I apologized for touching it get over it and stop making things up.

How dumb. So, you admit that you unplugged it. That trumphs that matter of weither you said, “what does this do.” You unplugged someones MAF on a running car. If he told you it was running on a speed density tune, and the MAF was plugged in, wouldnt that ell you…its wasnt? Then raise the question instead of diving into his car with your mitts and unplugging his MAF?

LOL…I could see turbo driving around with his SES light on…“fucking retard…who unplugs someones MAF???”

Race bighands at NYIRP for $5k

i believe you can have it in SD while the maf is plugged in, it just bypasses it; but will still do funky things when messed with. i can’t remember whether i said it is or will be in SD, it was a while ago, when i built my boost engine, and didn’t have the boost yet. regardless, i just remember the car almost dying in the middle of the 7 corners, and chugging the whole way home.

if i had 5k that be sweet i just wanna whoop his ass that be fun lol:lolham:

^ you only need it if you lose :slight_smile:

ya its and easy 5k for you to put down on your house :wink: But doing it for fun is good too

Free is funner.

id be happy to race you for the fun of it, I want a money race with chuck before i run anyone else

i run a MAF on my SD car. It has the IAT sensor in it.

13 pages in 3 days…

Cliff notes anyone?