iPhone 3g dead battery?

Well my 3G is a little over 2 years old and I was planning on picking up the 4 but I wanted to wait for more of the bugs to get worked out.
Lately the battery would fully charge but it had been draining quicker, to the point where a 20+ minute call would result in the phone dying.
Last night I pulged it in and this morning it was still in the red with about 10% maybe.
Figured the charger didn’t connect correctly so plugged it in the car and now the wall adaptor and nothing is charging it.
So my questions are; could this be anything other than a dead battery and are these worth anything with a phone that boots but no battery life?

I can probably put a new battery in it for you.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Or you can do it yourself. It’s not that hard and batteries are cheap ($10). If you don’t feel comfortable with doing it, I’ll do it no charge, but you either have to ship it to me or give it to me next time you’re in buffalo.

Ok I will probably pick up a new 4 tonight and might take u up on the offer next time I am in town.
I will read up online what is involved with the battery replacement.
I just wanted to see if someone on here thought it could be something other than the battery.

a dead-battery 3g still go 100+ on ebay, you can leave the headache to someone else if you planning to pick up the new 4.

I can replace a screen in 15 minutes. I can probably do a battery in 10.

The battery is likely shot. It takes about 6-8 mins for someone to do thats experienced…
If you never did it before, cant solder, and the thought of opening the phone scares you, STAY AWAY. The chances you’re going to destroy something are high.

If youre eligible for a $199 upgrade, its a absolute no brainer to upgrade. The 3G is TERRIBLY slow, and has a crummy camera.

Yeah I picked up a new 32 gig iPhone 4 (so $299). I will hold on to the 3G for a month to make sure everything with the 4 is solid and then toss it on here and see if anyone wants it.
If not I will let it find its way to ebay.

Thanks for all the info and Newman your offer was appriciated.

dibs on the 3g lol. mine broke a month back and im lost without it :frowning: using an old samdung flipphone form 2005.