just bought project car

im sure ill start a thread once i get to work to document the progress…
picked up a 1967 MGB

plans…everything old car owners hate, nothing original…mini vintage race car look
remove all chrome, paint (maybe vinyl) matte white, black fender flares, lower, black (or bronze?) lightweight modern wheels, rollbar/seats/harnesses etc you get the idea…we’ll see what i actually decide to do as i get going on it.

car runs surprisingly well, really needs nothing mechanically it seems.
needs interior + paint

edit: possibly needs a little tuck/poke/stance

:tup:

i do not understand these cars… especially a guy owning one who wasn’t around when they were actually cool.

the majority of these cars are sitting in a 30% state of completion in the garage of a dreamer 50-plusser who’ll never ever get it done.

i hope you got it for free

pics?

MGB or MGB GT?

Roadster…?
That’s all I got.

The guy had a gt as well but I wanted the roadster. Gts are cool and all but top down>*

bah fast > drop top.

I sold a 73 Triumph Stag on ebay today, fetched a decent buck as it had the original (easily overheating) motor instead of the v8 commonly swapped in there (Rover v8 stock in the MGB GT among others).

Glen Vintage race weekend is Sept 7th this year, I go every year with whatever I have at the time. Good excuse to drink beer and watch vintage racing

MG’s slogan was “safety fast”, MG’s are neither safe nor fast.

My dad restored two MGAs, they are fun cars to scoot around in. Kinda scary on any freeway. MGBs are pretty similar, just not as good looking and with similar power.

Good luck with the project, British sports cars are a constant project

Any plans for the motor? I know nothing about MG’s so I don’t know what’s been done out there or if there are any common (or uncommon) swaps.

This sounds like a blast.
I happen to be free that weekend.

It runs great, I’ll probably do cosmetic stuff, drive it for the summer and then sell for profit. If I really like it, maybe SR20 swap over winter? We’ll see.

as the new owner of a vintage car (with race history)! you should go

I’ll probably bring my 240z down

inb4boostedlsxjamfactories

One of the highlights of my year. Not as many vintage domestics as they used to get, but some real cool cars and good racing

V8 swaps are pretty common, I think its a Buick V8 that is used. MG even made the GT with the V8.

When I’m free that weekend (not usually), I go. Really a great fall weekend to goto the Glen.

Ya they are common, the Rover V8s…ive seen one with SR20det i think that would be way cooler …something small light reliable and a small turbo would probably give me 225-250whp and would be really fun in such a small car

http://www.slowcarfast.com/MG/

LS1 MG.