Kinda old but funny joke...

May be a repost…don’t really care though…

> Scientists at NASA built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windshields of airplanes, military jets, and the space shuttle, all traveling at maximum velocity. The idea was to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windshields. British engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high-speed trains. Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the British engineers. > When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurtled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the pilot's backrest in two, and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin. > The horrified Brits sent NASA the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs for the windshield, and begged the U.S. scientists for suggestions. > NASA responded with a one-line memo: "Thaw the chicken."

well the thread title is kind of half right…it is an old joke.

hahaha

well the thread title is kind of half right…it is an old joke.

And you are kind of half right…its old.

repost.

JEG you strike me as someone who might wear Jorts.

I should have quoted you…fixed.

:wtf:

Do you wear shorts?

Are they jean shorts?

Ohhh lol. nope. I dont like jean shorts. I wear kaki shorts usualy if I wear them…90% of the time I wear blue jeans. Even in summer. I don’t think I own a single pair of sweat pants.

It’s not really a joke, it’s how it happened. It was on MythBusters.

omg that was real? lmfao…I got it in an email and thought it was some kind of made up joke story. LMFAO thats awsome.

:lol: I’ve never heard that one.

lol to joke and lol to homemade jorts high ones

This was on Mythbusters.

Uhm, that’s VERY true and real.

I’ve witnessed chicken-gun testing before down in FL when I was testing some other aircraft parts.

Pretty crazy test.

And actually Myth-busters butchered and screwed up the test like crazy when compared to doing it for real per Military Specifications.

It’s a crazy test to do/witness in person, it’s loud as hell and makes one hell of a mess.

the 777 power plant they did like a million hours of testing and subject it to frozen turkeys and once in a life time rain storms at various powers