Labor Day Weekend Plans?

Went up to my dad’s camp for some bbq and shooting. He cleared out for a 100yd range and I wanted to get my rifle sighted for 100yds instead of the 50 it was currently sighted at. Unfortunately it took forever to get sighted in because my grouping sucked at first. I kept getting a great group of 2 and one stray. I knew it was because of the heavy trigger pull (either I would start to run out of breath and sway or I’d end up jerking the trigger). What I though was just a slightly heavy pull turned out to be a factory 8lb. pull… which is just ridiculous. Luckily, thanks to JVG, I learned that the Remington 700 came with a factory adjustable trigger so I re-adjusted it to be much nicer… unfortunately that wasn’t until after I got home so I haven’t been able to test it out yet.

Once I finally got her sighted in, I decided to have some plinking fun and to test just how well she was shooting. Managed this shot at the full 100 yards. The rest of the group just barely nicked the sides of it (one put a burn mark on the side and the other was just a hair off).
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/offroadzj/IMG_20130901_192833_391_zps1f88f408.jpg

On the way up I stopped for some ammo and Sports Authority didn’t have anything but 180 grain. I picked up a box to see how they shot, and they shoot like shit. They are completely scattered and I am definitely not a fan at all. Hopefully B&J have the 150 or 165 grain until I can get all my blanks reloaded.

Here was a little ‘fun’ target with the 180 grains. Plenty accurate enough for hunting, but not accurate enough for me… Also had a little 25 yard 20-gauge fun to test out the forward grip and tactical light (which worked awesome).
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/offroadzj/IMG_20130901_222005_044_zpsf6bfbba8.jpg

Had my kids party on sat. He destroyed his cake and slept through presents. We took a random drive yesterday. Kid was pickin daisies at mad river glen.

Had a blast up in Sacandaga.

And you just dont have many friends do ya.

Where on the sacandaga were you? I spend a lot of time up there. Hung out Sunday for a while

i did law hw and ran 5.5 miles…yea im a boring fuck lol

Inlaws have a camp past the bridge a bit on the right.

The Northville bridge or the one by Edinburgh? My buddy has a camp near Edinburgh and we ride out off Northville and Northampton a lot.

Northville is where my grandparents houses are.

On the water or no?

Yea. Well one house is on the water in a cove. The other one across the street is not.

was at my buddys annual party in altamont saturday, south end of sacandaga sunday. shot big fireworks at both :smiley: