Lancaster lawn mower driver charged with DWI

LANCASTER, N.Y. (WIVB) - There are reports of DWI’s in Western New York all the time.
But the suspects are usually driving cars or trucks, not lawn mowers!

Unusual yes, but it happens once or twice every spring, when the grass begins to grow.
A drunk driver hops on a lawn mower, and takes it for a spin down the road.

This time authorities said it happened in Lancaster.

Jerry Jaszka and other workers at Village Small Engine Repair in Lancaster know that a riding lawn mower is much more than just a simple everyday power tool.
They think the accused drunk driver, who rode his mower across Walden Avenue, was foolish.

“It could be dangerous,” exclaimed Jerry Jaszka. “You don’t want to be drunk and operating power tools.”

Lancaster Police arrested 47-year-old Joseph Simme Thursday night on Sheldon Avenue, and charged him with felony driving while intoxicated, while riding a mower.
Witnesses told police he was nearly hit by passing vehicles, as he tried to cross Walden Avenue to get to a convenience store, allegedly to buy more beer.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/Lawn-mower-driver-charged-with-DWI

LOL that is right next to my house.
i live near the intersection of sawyer/sheldon (on sawyer)

yeesssss by far the best story in lancaster in awhile hahaha… i ride my bike all the time and bar hop… hmm next time ill try the lawnmower and see how far i can get

good ole Lancaster. im glad i moved here.

LOL I went to high school with him. This story doesn’t surprise me knowing him.

Haha, nice.

any mods to the lawn mower?

Forged internals, N2O, and slicks.

Lol, yeah hes a beast.

whats funny is that it made international news, I’m currently in Missouri and I was watching the news this morning in my hotel room and this came on. EPIC.

I’d have a beer with him, I’m sure he has some great stories.

So funny

international?

I would have punched him.

So much fail it’s awesome.