Liberty Fenders/Bumpers

Has anyone seen any Jeep Liberty painted fenders and/or bumpers for sale anywhere? At some point I want to look into getting some to have them matched to the color of my Jeep. They look so much nicer like that. The dealership doesn’t sell them, you have to buy the upgraded Jeep to get them from them.

Unless someone here has a hookup at Jeep somewhere that they wouldn’t mind helpin’ a fellow NYSpeeder out. :beg: :slight_smile:

why not just paint yours

you have a better chance winning the lottery than finding painted parts, your color

here’s a bumper cover

techically, I think you want painted fender flares, not fenders.

ya that’s it. I didn’t say they HAD to match, even though that would be nice, just ones for a Liberty.

And no I can’t paint mine… isn’t nearly the same thing.

first, try a different dealership

if that doesnt work, walk into a body shop like carstar or w/e and explain “the dealer wont sell them to me, i have someone to paint them, will you order them for me ?'”

theres nothing special that has to me done to buy those item, its not like chrysler keeps them in a top secret room or some shit, the dealership is just trying to wring every last cent out of you buy selling you a new vehical

the other option is to start calling junkyards that deal in newer vehicals, or buy them off ebay

Sometimes you seem like a smart smart man… thanks for the tips!

you can also try here for used parts, considering they have 64000 members _---->>>http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/index.php

lol… i’m one of them. good reminder. Man, you’re on fire today. Go play the lottery.

EDIT Alright I posted the question up there too. :slight_smile:

dude, the only thing different is your bumpers are textured while the other ones are not, you could take the time to save the cash and take a random orbital sander to your stock fenders, and then i know a guy that would do the paint work pretty damn cheap, especially since its black

Since what is black? The Liberty isn’t black. It’s like Suburban Blue or whatever Jeep calls their dark blue. :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you in mind though. Thanks for the tip. :tup:

^^^ patriot blue according to the PPG code books … and theres 2 versions of it, supposedly because one is chrysler and one is jeep

I thought the difference (painted vs plastic panda) was between years, not models. I guess I was wrong.

t-if.

dealers wouldn’t sell them to me.

You’d think to bring in a few extra $ you’d sell 'em… not like they are going to get money from me any time soon buying a new Liberty… especially with them supposedly stopping production in 2007.

I’ll definately look around though.

edit Found this link /www.partstrain.com/products/Bumper_(Front)/2004~JEEP~LIBERTY.html?sku=J010303P

This is for a primed bumper for the renegade model. Probably wouldn’t fit mine. But at least they are out there. That’s a positive start! :slight_smile:

so does this mean you’re going to stop bitching about not having $$ to do shit with us?

IIRC, the only diff besides color is the renegade flares come out farther

fenders are still the same

everything the bumper attaches to is still the same

Ya, I found out that all the Liberty fenders, (going from sport to renegade to limited and whatnot…) they are all interchangable. I guess the back bumper can be a pain because of plastic rivet like things holding it on or something like that.