Lingenfelter Powered Fiero

I posted a link to this in a thread about the LS1 powered RX7 and there seemed to be some interest in it, so I thought I’d make a thread about it here. I’d love to find an 88 GT with a blown motor and do something like this.

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

12.2 1/4 @ 118
0-60 4.2

http://users.adelphia.net/~jasonsea/images/GT_Rt_Side.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~jasonsea/images/California_Kid_Engine.jpg

I drove an 87 Fiero once…my goodness was the handling a handful.

I’;m suprised we don’t see more of these types of swaps. I mean the fiero is like the american version of an MR2.

Hmmmm…Small Block Powered Fiero vs Turboed MR2.

That would be interesting.

If you don’t see more of them, it is only because you haven’t really looked very hard. There’s so many different swaps that have been done on Fieros it is ridiculous. Northstar V8s, 3.8L supercharged engines, Cosworth four cylinders, the ubiquitous traditional small block Chevy, the LS1, etc.

:drool:

Hmm, anybody done a SHO engine swap yet? That’d probably be a fun choice, too.

maxima 3.5 swap would be fun too

My coworker is dropping a truck engine into his Fiero GT. I can’t remember which truck though.

Reading through that thread, that is a lot of work into that Fiero. Very nice.

Grand National Motor in a fiero would be nice. I saw one at carlisle a couple years back, looked like fun :smiley:

aside from the runners and possibly the intake, is it really a ‘Lingenfelter’ engine? it’s still beautiful and sounds pretty awesome.

that’s actually really good looking :eek:

me likey…

thats probably one of the only fieros i have ever seen that i liked the looks of, i would have expected that color to look like shit on that car but i think that is a VERY well done fiero, id rock it

i would have kept it black though, kinda looks like a small Lambo/Ferrari of the late 80’s looks cool as hell though.

:word: the only problem with this (cause i use to own one) is the front end is way too light and in high speed cornering the car wants to still go straight…lol

I think there are a few people who have been for rides with me at an autocross that might disagree that they don’t handle well. And mine needs better shocks/struts and probably several bushings.

I’m at the point though that I don’t want to put a ton of work into it because it’s a northern car and it’s got lots of rust (everywhere but the fiberglass body). I’ve got friends in FL and GA watching for an 88 GT to show up for a good price so I can get something I can build on.

since when is auto-x high speed? when i say high speed i mean going into turns at 60+mph. Maybe i’m wrong. Is autocross the same as auto-x? if so then i might not be wrong…lol

Well, as with most MR setups you control the understeer/oversteer with throttle. The car is not something I would suggest anyone just hop in and start taking exits and sweepers at 30 over their rated speed, but it will do it. I generally go in with steady throttle and if I need more bite up front I’ll lift slightly. The problem is the car is not forgiving at all if you jump out of the gas and with it’s short wheelbase and rear weight bias will come around VERY fast.

I never had a problem controlling the car as in understeering & oversteer but the problem is when the front end is too light and the tires actually skip causing the car to maintain the forward enersha(sp) lol with the wheels turned.

that’s hot :tup:

Sounds more like a suspension tuning problem to me, because the weight distribution on the car is far from bad. That kind of behavior could also be what was addressed with the 1988 improvements to the front suspension.

Then you can come join me in CSP, which is now looking more likely for me next season…