Looking for a good place to get a kitten.

I decided to get a kitten for my girl for Christmas. I want to get a good one.

Are there any specialty places in Allegheny or Beaver county area? I am going to the humane society to check but want to make sure I cover all my options.

The requirements are: male, relatively young, mostly black, and healthy! Some place that neuters too would be ideal, but I can have that done locally if I need to.

my mom has a all black one its still small but not tiny… they are lookin to get rid of it… i mean its ALLLL black dont know if its a boy or girll just saw it at thanksgiving and i can care less about their stupid animals. its very playful though my bro was fuckin with it. kinda scared of everything though

Rescue one from a shelter. There are thousands of kittens that need adopted. They will usually spay/neuter before you take it home. Spend some time observing them before you choose one too. Don’t just pick one b/c of it’s color. If you want one w/ spunk get one that’s active and not shy. If you want one that’s laid back then pick the quiet one that’s hanging out observing. A reliable shelter isn’t going to adopt one out that’s not healthy. They will have their shots etc before you can take it home.

I would prefer to get one from a shelter of some kind. Finding one that is not the BC Humane Society is the majority of my problem. :cool:

Washington Humane society isn’t even taking any more cats/kittens at this time due to such a high volume of these animals…(as of a few weeks ago)…so rescuing seems the best option

Animal friends on camp horn road. just off 65
http://www.thinkingoutsidethecage.org/site/PageServer

This is how we found our kitten years ago…

Found her at a shelter in White Oak

Nearest Asian restaurant.

You would have a cat. Lol

Thanks, I will check them out.

That site gave me a lot of places to check. Most of them quite a distance for me though.

I would, but I’m not hungry.

Lol, good luck in the search. I vote for rescue and Washington Humane as well.

Consider adopting an actual Cat…they have a much harder time getting adopted then kittens.

Plus you already know how they are going to grow up to be…

Wpahumane.com

I am a volunteer/foster for Home Sweet Home Animal Rescue. We rescue mostly dogs, but we have a few kitties in foster homes right now too. This guy is really cute. All of our animals are rescued from high kill shelters in surrounding states. They are all current on vaccinations and spayed or neutered (if old enough). They are all fostered in homes until they are adopted. We don’t have a shelter, just a LOT of foster homes :hs: If you are interested, you can fill out an application on the website at http://www.hshar.org

WTF??

My favorite cat
http://www.funnyhub.com/content_images/4013_2007_free-cat.jpg

please dont get one from animal friends, those people are assholes, i will never buy an animal from them as much as i hate to say it.

Well now have to explain your story.

Don’t forget to twitter,facebook,myspace also

I really would like to rescue one. But most of them are older than I was hoping for. I want a baby so it will know us as it’s ‘parents’. I also want that cute factor that comes from a tiny baby kitty.

This weekend I hope to hit up as many shelters and humane societies in western PA that I can. I might even put an ad in the Times if that doesn’t pan out.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

my old cat died at 17 yrs old, and the next day i went to buy a new kitten to surprise my mom who was really upset.

i went to animal friends and they asked me a few questions and i told them the story, and i told them i was buying it as a surprise for my mother.

they told me they needed approval from someone in the household before i could get the cat, and i said that was understandable. Since it was a surprise for my mom, i had to get my fathers approval, and he couldnt talk at the time because he was at work. I told them what was up, and i said i would pay for the kitten and he could pick it up after work since he drives by there every day.

they told me that they wouldnt let me do that, and they wouldnt give the kitten to my father.

I was really pissed off because they try to get rid of these animals because of the lack of space, but then they wont sell me a cat? Even if i paid for it and we didnt pick it up, they could just use that money as a donation or something, but instead they lost my business.

but anyways, i went to the humane society on the north side and they had absolutely no problem what so ever and sold me a little kitten

I was joking