Maxima Motor Swap

I have a 91 Maxima that I need to swap the motor in. I would like to know if anyone has any ideas on the easiest way to go about doing it or should I :club: it to death. Also, does anyone know where I can download a repair manual for the same car for free. Thank you for any help you can give me on these matters.

Honestly dude, I think it’s time to buy a nice new Spec V :E , but hey if that’s not your cup of tea then Hey no biggie. Here is a link I found for you about getting an online FSM for your Maxima, I will leave the remainder of your quest up to you :butthead: :
http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=92318

Oh and by the way WELCOME TO NECC hope to se you at some future meets in your new spec :tonqe:

Yes Welcome… Oh did I say a spec v is a nice car? Hint Hint… 8)

Well what do ya know… I have one for sale!

“I like your style” :E

Ignore the Specs they havent realized that nissan does make other cars…

So what motor are you swapping in?

What, next your going to say that there is no Santa. The reason us Spec’s like the Spec’s is because they are good cars, that have a lot of potential, so does the Altima SE-R, 350Z, G35, but for the price you can’t come near a Spec, why do you think I don’t have an RSX-S or a WRX.

I dont remember 91maximamyk saying or asking anything about specs or getting a new one but that seems to be all this thread is about…Lets try to stay on topic and help him out…I think the question was “I have a 91 Maxima that I need to swap the motor in. I would like to know if anyone has any ideas on the easiest way to go about doing it or should I club it to death.”

Well he was asking if he should just beat the car to death, plus we have given him the links to the factory FSM, and since that first post he has not made a single response on the board, So yeah I’m waiting a couple more days to see if this thread goes anywhere or if 91 has anymore questions if not this thread is going on lockdown.

Thanks for the links to the FSM but they do not cover my car. Does anyone know if the engine comes out the bottom or can it be pulled from the top? Thanks for the offer for the Specs, but I’m not interested in one.

Probably be a lot easier to pull it out the top.

EDIT: Would a FWD SR20 bolt in?

Yeah, pull it out the top.

I’m locking this because this thread refuses to stay on topic 91maxima feel free to start a new thread and I will delete any off topic posts. We really do want to help answer as many of your questions as we can, so if you need more answers just re-post/start a new thread. Thanks, and sorry from all of us.