Mortgage Peeps : Refi soon?

www.bankofamerica.com quoted me 4.4 with 2.2 down

i dont have a higher rate then ANYTHING i could find anywhere else. I closed with BOA @ 5.75 fixed for 30. m&T wanted 6.1 HSBC wanted 6.0 and First Niagara was like at 6.25 all with PMI…

It went through the broker channel.

I guess, but I wouldn’t let that hold me to one particular company.

we went over this when you were talking about getting the house… you could have had a lower rate from BOA if you had 20% or took PMI / closing costs / didn’t pay any points (if you did). probably .25-.5%

BOA is a better deal in the short term, but over the long term a lower rate from the start wins. I got 5.5% (no points, but there were closing costs) around the same time. If you can refi to a lower rate w/o picking up PMI your method worked better than mine for sure.

there never is a free lunch.

merged because viper LOVES making reposts of active threads.

Bump. Anyone find any great deals lately? My bank quoted 5.5% which I thought was high but apparently rates just went up.:feck:
I found lower rates for 15 year but I can’t swing that.

yeah, rates are on the rise again.

I wasn’t a refi, but I locked into my mortgage about 3 weeks ago and scored a 4.875. About a week ago, rates started to go up.

I’m at 4.625 for a 15 year or 4.875 on a 30.

I’m at 4.375 for a 15 year or 4.875 on a 30. No fees for origination or re-fi. Employee mortgage FTW.

damn you for no origination!!

If you look at the charts they seem like they have been cycling over the past several months quite a bit more than I would have thought. I need to get around to refinancing. I say that about every 6 months.

:banghead::suicide::hang: No wonder they took a week to return my call.

I refi’d still in the middle of the process -

4.25% bitches

Very nice

I modified my loan about 4 month ago from 5.675% to 4.575% for a measely $700

points are for bitches

WTf i got 5%

No one got 4.25% without points.

My sis is refinancing and she “locked in” at 4.8%a couple weeks ago but the paper work is not even done yet so why can’t I get 4.8%?!?
I know, it is what it is but, it is also frustrating!

5/1 ARM? :lol: