NASCAR car of tommarow

I dont see how you can bitch about the rear wing when EVERY TOURING CAR CLASS has a similar wing.

oops

[quote=“fiend540,post:21,topic:25262"”]

I dont see how you can bitch about the rear wing when EVERY TOURING CAR CLASS has a similar wing.

[/quote]

I don’t think anyone is really bitching about it, they are more or less making fun of everyone who bashed that type of wing design and now its on their domestics.

The title of this thread got me excited I thought you were going to tell me that they are actualy going to start doing real race tracks not ovals lol

I’ve really tried to watch NASCAR. I mean, really.

It’s like watching paint dry. :gotme:

1969 Daytona had that huge wing first. Back then, the cars were actually pretty stock and NASCAR had to homologate the cars to use them for the track. The public could buy the Charger Daytona, Roadrunner Superbird, droop-snoot Torino Talledaga, etc. but the Mopars didn’t sell. Dealers converted many back to regular cars.

See, even back then nobody wanted to drive around with a park bench bolted to the trunk :lol:

[quote=“RobHimself,post:23,topic:25262"”]

I don’t think anyone is really bitching about it, they are more or less making fun of everyone who bashed that type of wing design and now its on their domestics.

[/quote]

This isn’t the first domestic race car with a wing like this(vettes/transam to list a few). Hell some of you would complain that this car has basically nothing to do with any car chevy/ford/dodge/toyota make so who cares if ithas a big wing. I don’t think we are going to see an epidimic of giant winged montes and fushions anytime soon because nascar added them.

[quote=“fiend540,post:26,topic:25262"”]

I don’t think we are going to see an epidimic of giant winged montes and fushions anytime soon because nascar added them.

[/quote]

Or Camrys… oh wait :mamoru:

http://www.nascar.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/06/09/charlotte_historical/CHA1970ActionAC_pg.jpg